997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: What color stone guards?
Clear
37.50%
Black
62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Black stone guards on meteor grey?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Black stone guards on meteor grey?

My stone guards are in need of replacement (just dirty and crummy looking) and I was thinking of replacing them with the black stone guards off the Speedster. Car is a C4S in meteor grey with black interior. Thoughts?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
I think you should at least try and if you don't like it you can just peel it off. It's a nice retro look and I think it would look fantastic on your car. Here are the black stone guards on my arctic silver C2. Don't forget to post pics when you have them on!

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:53 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Black SG

Go for it ! Suncoast has them.

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2011, 06:20 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
I dont like black on any car, Id go clear

Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
JMHO, I feel it is a retro item that just doesn't carry over to the newer models. If it came with clear, then go with clear.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Broke out the crayons for you......... Kind of like it, may have to do it.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
It looks great on the speedster. Will look great on any 997. I'm thinking of doing it as well.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
You should go with what appeals you....however, for the record, I like clear.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
I like it, considering them on my white C2S Cab. The clear look slightly yellow and always show the dirt just around the edge. Drives me nuts cleaning them constantly.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Arena994, go for it. Have contemplated replacing them with the black as well.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ConcreteRon
I like it, considering them on my white C2S Cab. The clear look slightly yellow and always show the dirt just around the edge. Drives me nuts cleaning them constantly.

I have bought the black stone guards from Suncoast but I have not have the guts to put it on my 09C2SCab. Would like to see a pic of your car after you've done it. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
I have a white 08C4S and didn't realize Suncoast carried them - I'm def in to be the Guinea Pig as my existing ones are yellowing and constantly cruddy looking. Suncoast rec's "professional" installation - I'm fairly competent and feel this doesn't look all that hard. Does anyone have any thoughts on the installation - I would think the existing ones would peel off with a heat gun. Not sure what kind of adhesive the new ones have.

Any intel/advice?

Thanks - I'm ready to pull the trigger and make this a weekend project.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to go ahead and give them a try. I just sent my tips out to get powder coated black, so hopefully that, along with an all black interior, will help tie in the new stone guards.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:18 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by camhabib
Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to go ahead and give them a try. I just sent my tips out to get powder coated black, so hopefully that, along with an all black interior, will help tie in the new stone guards.
Don't forget to post the pics

Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 AM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
I just ordered the black guards for my white c4s - will post picts as well when the project is done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black stone guards on meteor grey?