997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first "guiltless" mod - Fister Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
ggregory is infamous around these parts
My first "guiltless" mod - Fister Exhaust

I spent a couple hours out in Brentwood, CA today getting my exhaust done.

Darin Fister and his expert welder buddy (can't recall the name) removed my mufflers, welded a 1 3/4 inch pipe between the "in and out" pipes on my OEM mufflers and presto the sound is unbelievable. I was hyper concerned about drone and potentially overloud results....not the case. I'm surprised Porsche doesn't do this standard. Well actually, I do know why...PSE upgrade.

Anyhow, I say "guiltless mod" because the cost of this upgrade is so minor @ $250 + labor that it doesn't fit in the same column as other bigger decisions, yet the outcome is equally huge.

I found Darin and his shop exactly as advertised. Super nice folks. In and out on time and on budget 2+ hours start to finish. Highly recommended. No affiliation.

http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page732.htm

Last edited by ggregory; 03-22-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Gundo Hack...

Enjoy it

Jason

Old 03-23-2011, 03:50 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Yep, that's what it is. Have fun!

Originally Posted by JEllis
Gundo Hack...

Enjoy it

Jason

Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Let us know how much your mpg drops - not that it really matters

Fister mod is great - I have a few thousand miles on my set.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 PM
ggregory is infamous around these parts
1 month in....Gundo update

Post Gundo hack update:

At first I was concerned the gundo hack may not be loud enough. Not so. I'm actually concerned now about adding cold intake and/or cats.

There is an impact to MPG. I can say how much but it is noticeable. Will post actual #'s soon.

With the top up, the sound is perfect. The first couple of people I've taken out have commented how much they like the sound.

With the top down, I occasionally think it's too loud. Going through tunnels or areas that have walls that bounce sound, you'll be surprised how loud it gets.

Summary: If you are thinking the muffler bypass may not be loud enough try it out first..like I say, it's a "guiltless mod" and one month in I'm really glad I did.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
boomasta is infamous around these parts
Nice, hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing

Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I had the hack done about 4 months ago and my MPG is around the same; in the low 20s on the highway, mid teens around town and about 11 when I get on it.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lacrosse
I had the hack done about 4 months ago and my MPG is around the same; in the low 20s on the highway, mid teens around town and about 11 when I get on it.
11? Damn! Without an air intake kit? Maybe I'm not trying hard enough!

Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
He did mine almost one year ago and it's great!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Is the drop in MPG from you mashing the throttle more often to hear that sweet sound?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 AM
ncamillo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sizquik
Is the drop in MPG from you mashing the throttle more often to hear that sweet sound?
I too would like to know the answer to this question. Post gundo hack, I was noticeably driving with a higher throttle because I loved the sound. Still driving conservatively I averaged about 18mpg when Pre gundo was 19-20. I did a test tank of driving extremely conservatively (staying in between 2-3k RPM) and I was able to get 20.5mpg for my entire tank.

Tough call: throttle vs hack itself