997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need pricing help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tonka858
why does silver matter?
I think I found his car.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The 50K price depends a lot on the car .
1) Have the Dme scan done to detect engine over rev history .
2) Are the rear tires (biggest expense) relatively new ?
4) Clean interior/garage kept paint
5) reasonable repair history

The car has miles . The price is ok but certainly not enough to do a cartwheel over .

question --is the car silver?
Its a CPO, so i am guessing the tires are in pretty decent shape.
The interior is surprisingly clean
The paint, looks immaculate. I am gonna have that inspected third party

Yes, The car is silver.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Write them a check for $45K. The dealer has less than $40K into it. If they bite - great. If not, there are other cars. Good luck. Take it to 3rd party for a complete PPI.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sharkys
Write them a check for $45K. The dealer has less than $40K into it. If they bite - great. If not, there are other cars. Good luck. Take it to 3rd party for a complete PPI.
I like the idea of going in check in hand, but they're not gonna bite at $45k when the car is listed at $57k.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
List price is irrelevant. The only price that matters is the price you want to pay. I can't blame the dealer for sticking to their guns given many tire kickers. But I can't blame the buyers for having to deal with the Stealer. If you did not know the list price - how much would you offer? That is the question. Good luck!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sameerg
Its a CPO, so i am guessing the tires are in pretty decent shape.
The interior is surprisingly clean
The paint, looks immaculate. I am gonna have that inspected third party

Yes, The car is silver.
1) When they do the inspection request a DME scan . This old thread is very informative. Post number 27 on page 2 gives an excellent explanation of how to interpret the results of the scan and what it reveals about the engine history https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-over-rev.html

2) Tires last anywhere between 7-12K miles for the rears and are very expensive . That's why it's important to look and be sure .

3) The car looks nice .. 1 owner , driven modestly. The inspection and scan will lead to an answer for you .

Strengths in your corner -- the car does have miles and will break 50K miles where it will then take a huge depreciation hit.
It is 5 years old .. with an asking price possibly more than half of what it sold for back in 06 with the discounts of that time.

strengths in their corner -
50K pricing for a well kept 911 has a lot of shoppers in that range .
There is no shortage of folks looking for a 50K 997S in good shape.

Bottom line -
Good luck .. and however it ends up .. don't worry . If you get this car I wish you the best but if not .. there are more cars out there . It is not the only one.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the advice guys.
I ended up dealing on the car yesterday and am going to pick up the car today afternoon.

A couple of grand over 50 is what i ended up dealing for. I know it's good and bad.
The good - no more sleepless nights
The bad - I went over budget.

But i just had to finish the search and get behind the wheel of the car.

So, without flaming me for overpaying or something, please wish me many happy miles and welcome me to the family.

I will post pictures after i bring the car.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 AM
fordie55 is infamous around these parts
I was in similar situation. After looking at many cars, ended up with a 2009 C2S CPO with lots of options for $79k.

Did I pay too much? Maybe a few thousand, but end of the day it's an excellent car with the color and interior I like and after a few weeks of driving it won't really matter.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Guys, she is finally home. I am attaching an iphone pic. Will upload more pictures when i get chance to stop driving the car and take some pictures.

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! That is one nice looking ride, you did very well.

Don't even think twice about the couple thousand. You got the car you wanted, it's in your driveway ... so get out there and put some miles on it!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Sweet! Love the color. Enjoy!

Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Congrats !!!!!
He's probably out driving (bonding ) his car now .

Best wishes !!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidLobotomy
Congratulations! That is one nice looking ride, you did very well.

Don't even think twice about the couple thousand. You got the car you wanted, it's in your driveway ... so get out there and put some miles on it!
I am not worried about the couple of thousand at all. I am loving the car and thats all.

Thanks all for the wishes and yes i was out driving it all day. I already put like 100 miles on the car today.
Most of em were spent while picking up and dropping my friend back to drive back my other car from the dealership to home.

But i am loving it.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:38 PM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
No point in stressing over a couple of grand. There are no pockets in coffins.

Have a good time with your beautiful new car.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 AM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
Congrats! You are going to have an awesome time in that car!

I still remember the first few times I drove mine..... enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need pricing help