997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need pricing help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Need pricing help

First Time Porsche buyer. I am looking at a 06 Carerra S with 36k Miles.
Porsche certified. Fully loaded, manual.

Dealer indicated 50K.

Does anybody think its a good price.

Experts please help

Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
welcome aboard. i suggest going to porsche's pre-owned website http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned-vehicles/search/

it will give you a very good sense of what comparable CPO asking prices are.

good luck!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 AM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KonaKai
welcome aboard. i suggest going to porsche's pre-owned website http://www.porsche.com/usa/pre-owned-vehicles/search/

it will give you a very good sense of what comparable CPO asking prices are.

good luck!
I have done a pretty comprehensive search on the Porsche website (s). From that, the price seems just about right.

I was wondering if there is any secret thumb rule with porsche owners for the real world prices

I am probably gonna deal on this car today.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
No, no real secret rule of thumb. The main thing is making sure you account for all the options on the car in adjusting your final offer price. So when you said "fully loaded" - it could mean a lot of different things... and dealers love to describe cars as "fully loaded" when they just have basic options...

Last edited by Scoper; 03-23-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
The $50k asking price seems a touch high, but not too badly. By way of comparison, I just bought a 2007 CPO Base Carrera 2 (pretty well optioned) for $51.5 but it only had 11,200 miles.

As you might suspect, you need to balance the year, "S" vs. base, 2wd vs. 4wd, coupe vs. cab, CPO, mileage and options between various cars. Geography might make a difference as well. Doubt there is a perfect formula in coming up with a fair price.

What if you toss an offer of $47 (out the door) and gauge their reaction? You know there is room to manuever. At the end of the day, do you really want this particular example? If so, you might want to consider that an "emotional premium."

Sounds like a nice car but patience is your greatest ally. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
No, no real secret rule of thumb. The main thing is making sure you account for all the options on the car in adjusting your final offer price. So when you said "fully loaded" - it could mean a lot of different things... and dealers love to describe cars as "fully loaded" when they just have basic options...
I completely agree that Fully Loaded can mean alot of things.
No, the dealer is not advertising this as fully loaded, i am the one coming up with the term.

basically, Sport chrono package, fully electric seats, sunroof and navigation are the things that are making me call it fully loaded.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidLobotomy
The $50k asking price seems a touch high, but not too badly. By way of comparison, I just bought a 2007 CPO Base Carrera 2 (pretty well optioned) for $51.5 but it only had 11,200 miles.

As you might suspect, you need to balance the year, "S" vs. base, 2wd vs. 4wd, coupe vs. cab, CPO, mileage and options between various cars. Geography might make a difference as well. Doubt there is a perfect formula in coming up with a fair price.

What if you toss an offer of $47 (out the door) and gauge their reaction? You know there is room to manuever. At the end of the day, do you really want this particular example? If so, you might want to consider that an "emotional premium."

Sounds like a nice car but patience is your greatest ally. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
I actually wanted to give them an offer of 48K OTD.
Their advertising price is 56.9.
I just dont want to go there and be made fun off.

I agree about the patience part, but i want to end these sleepless nights.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
997BLIS is infamous around these parts
Know your max price when you start and be realistic. If they are advertising it for $57k, you may realistically get it for $50k plus tax and fees. $48k OTD is ambitious but worth starting at, just to gauge their reaction. Even if you get to $50k and split the tax and fees seems like a good deal. Careful of all the extra stuff they try to up sell you with after the deal like LoJack, etc. Factor those costs in before hand.

Good luck. Post pictures when the deal is done.

Last edited by 997BLIS; 03-23-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
50 percent of original msrp not a penny more

Old 03-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by 997BLIS
Know your max price when you start and be realistic. If they are advertising it for $57k, you may realistically get it for $50k plus tax and fees. $48k OTD is ambitious but worth starting at, just to gauge their reaction. Even if you get to $50k and split the tax and fees seems like a good deal. Careful of all the extra stuff they try to up sell you with after the deal like LoJack, etc. Factor those costs in before hand.

Good luck. Post pictures when the deal is done.
That is exactly the thought i have in mind. Honestly, i am feeling a bit low ballerish offering 48k. I am planning on saying 50k - take it or leave it kinds -
Well, unfortunately, i was not able to make it today. Got stuck in a meeting until late evening. So its gotta be tomorrow now.

Sheesh.. another sleepless night.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
6 months ago, I paid the same amount for the same car.
2006, C2S, 39K miles, full leather (Cocoa), fully loaded except NAV. Non-CPO.

So I think 6 months later, that price for a CPO is fair.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Fantastic. You guys are awesome and have really gotten my spirits up.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sameerg
That is exactly the thought i have in mind. Honestly, i am feeling a bit low ballerish offering 48k. I am planning on saying 50k - take it or leave it kinds -
Well, unfortunately, i was not able to make it today. Got stuck in a meeting until late evening. So its gotta be tomorrow now.

Sheesh.. another sleepless night.
One day won't hurt anything. Even if this one falls through, there will always be another car.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The 50K price depends a lot on the car .
1) Have the Dme scan done to detect engine over rev history .
2) Are the rear tires (biggest expense) relatively new ?
4) Clean interior/garage kept paint
5) reasonable repair history

The car has miles . The price is ok but certainly not enough to do a cartwheel over .

question --is the car silver?

Old 03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
why does silver matter?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need pricing help