997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where can i find this tail?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
what's the OEM made of ?

and fiberglass wings are no good ? i m pretty ignorant when it comes to car body mods.. so thx !
My preference is OEM or a high quality aftermarket such as TA.

OEM is aluminum I believe.

Fiberglass is tough because they quality can be inconsistent -- there sometimes needs to be special fitting, and it's less durable in holding the paint. This is all from my experience but may not be universal.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Fiberglass wings are fine if they come from a good company. I think even some OEM wings are fiberglass (could be wrong). EVS should make a mold of the factory ducktail. There are some on the market by MAShaw and Getty but they seem a little off. I think they tried to recreate it based off of pictured instead of making a mold from a factory one.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
compared $14k, $5k seems cheap..

but five thousand dollars is a whole lotta money in real life for a piece of tail..

guess its all relative.
All tail is expensive.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mojo31
All tail is expensive.
some more than others.. lol

anyways, just because it is expensive doesn't mean it should be expensive.

Misha and GT3tek makes nice wings at a reasonable price..

so i am hoping someone makes the oem ducktail replica

Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
My preference is OEM or a high quality aftermarket such as TA.

OEM is aluminum I believe.

Fiberglass is tough because they quality can be inconsistent -- there sometimes needs to be special fitting, and it's less durable in holding the paint. This is all from my experience but may not be universal.
if its aluminum, i can see the cost rising.. but do they cast it or is it forged ?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
i m beginning to like the Getty design sport ducktail..

and the price is very reasonable.

has anyone seen it in person ?

Attached Images      
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
There was a good thread on teamspeed regarding this a while back. In that thread, someone from EVS mentioned that it was not possible for them to source more OE SC duck tails. They also had a demo project going called "project subtle good looks" where they ended up using a 3rd party. It looks very good.

I am not sure if I can post a direct link to another forum here but you should definitively search for it.

From that thread it looks like the MA Shaw version is the closest one to the original.

T.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by tcouture
There was a good thread on teamspeed regarding this a while back. In that thread, someone from EVS mentioned that it was not possible for them to source more OE SC duck tails. They also had a demo project going called "project subtle good looks" where they ended up using a 3rd party. It looks very good.

I am not sure if I can post a direct link to another forum here but you should definitively search for it.

From that thread it looks like the MA Shaw version is the closest one to the original.

T.
thx for the heads up..
the yellow one i posted above was also found in MA Shaw webite..
looks great!

Attached Images