997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does your local Mobil station carry 0-40 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
bergx7 is infamous around these partsbergx7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't know if it's just a hard to find item in Miami but i went to three different Mobil gas stations today looking for 0-40 oil. None had it .
Also what is Mobil "super " ? It's "premium" but it doesn't outperform the conventional ? I don't understand what that means because the word "super" was confusing and I never saw it before . I did not buy it.

Usually I go to a auto parts store but at 6 PM they were closed and the car needed a quart of oil . I am due for an oil change anyway so I was left with the short term choice of 10-30 or 15-50 . Given that it's been 86-90 degrees steady these days and humid I opted for the 15-50 .

Anyone else find it hard to get the 0-40 ?
I'm wondering if it's just so hot and humid that it's not popular here .

FYI Mobil Super replaced the Mobil Clean lineup of products (which were Mobil's premium conventional oils). The only potentially confusing new product is Mobil Super Synthetic. This product is made for folks cross shopping with more price conscious oils like Castrol Syntec and is not as technologically advanced as Mobil 1 (nor does it carry the builder approvals that Mobil 1 has)

http://www.mobil.us/USA-English-LCW/...il-faqs.aspx#8

http://www.mobil.us/USA-English-LCW/...son-chart.aspx

Stick with M1 0W40 or 5W50, I would avoid M1 5W40 ESP as it does not have the Porsche Approval. Keep in mind a 5W40 product does not offer any benefits at engine operating temp vs. a 0W40, just slower flow at startup (which, as you might imagine, is not desirable)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
M1 at walmart here all day long. However, only in quarts. Wish they had it by the gallon.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Can't even recall seeing a Mobil station anywhere around...

Old 04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bergx7
Stick with M1 0W40 or 5W50, I would avoid M1 5W40 ESP as it does not have the Porsche Approval. Keep in mind a 5W40 product does not offer any benefits at engine operating temp vs. a 0W40, just slower flow at startup (which, as you might imagine, is not desirable)
M1 5W40 ESP is what me dealer uses.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
This will probably be the death of my reputation, but Walmart? Really guys, sometimes cheaper is not better. Old news but still a good read:

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

Also I'm paranoid parking my Civic in the Walmart parking lot. All the obese people with 6 kids, swinging doors wide. I can't imaging rolling up in a 911 just to get cheap oil.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mattyf
This will probably be the death of my reputation, but Walmart? Really guys, sometimes cheaper is not better. Old news but still a good read:

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

Also I'm paranoid parking my Civic in the Walmart parking lot. All the obese people with 6 kids, swinging doors wide. I can't imaging rolling up in a 911 just to get cheap oil.
Yeah, I can't do it either. I went there once and swore I would never return. Maybe it's just my part of the country but it represented so much of what's wrong with the US in one giant, bright, loud & convenient location.