997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does your local Mobil station carry 0-40 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:11 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Does your local Mobil station carry 0-40 ?

I don't know if it's just a hard to find item in Miami but i went to three different Mobil gas stations today looking for 0-40 oil. None had it .
Also what is Mobil "super " ? It's "premium" but it doesn't outperform the conventional ? I don't understand what that means because the word "super" was confusing and I never saw it before . I did not buy it.

Usually I go to a auto parts store but at 6 PM they were closed and the car needed a quart of oil . I am due for an oil change anyway so I was left with the short term choice of 10-30 or 15-50 . Given that it's been 86-90 degrees steady these days and humid I opted for the 15-50 .

Anyone else find it hard to get the 0-40 ?
I'm wondering if it's just so hot and humid that it's not popular here .

Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 PM
997BLIS is infamous around these parts
0-40 is not exactly mainstream, so the gas stations probably won't stock it. I've always gone to auto parts stores to get it and I always keep one or two quarts in the garage.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
always at auto parts store, usually says "for european vehicles" on the can or around it.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:58 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yep - usually go to the auto parts store .
I thought it was odd that an actual Mobil station didn't have their own product . When three didn't have it it really baffled me .

Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
ricm is infamous around these parts
Walmart has M1 in 0-40 in quarts and gallons - but I'm in Northern Calif.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Larry: at Sebring in 2010 I asked the guys working the Mobil trailer what "Super" meant; they did not have a clue, just some baloney about 'advanced' and 'better'.
Here's what is posted on the Mobil One website FAQ -

"I noticed there are different labels for the same Mobil 1 product/viscosity. Has the product changed?No, the product formulation remains the same. The labels for Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Extended Performance were redesigned in fall 2009. More colorful and less cluttered, the new labels make it easier to locate quickly your product and viscosity of choice."

Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Yep - usually go to the auto parts store .
I thought it was odd that an actual Mobil station didn't have their own product . When three didn't have it it really baffled me .
WalMart superstores - 24/7.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:21 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Hi Larry, the Walmarts in FL do not carry Mobil 1 0W40 or any visc grade in synth from other manufactures. I've used 5w40 and 5w50 Castrol Syn Tec before. I can only find these grades at a auto parts store. Mobil gas stations do not carry 0w40 M1.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
PEP Boys carry it here in SoCal, besides Costco.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:52 AM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Advance Auto Parts near me in Stuart, FL carries it.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
another +1 for advance autoparts. I just bought 10 quarts with the offer they had for an oil change including an oil filter. 5.99 per quart and then returned the filters. Awesome.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys -- Usually I shop at either Advance Auto or Discount Auto . Both are well stocked . It's been awhile since I bought oil at a gas station . I guess i was surprised .

The car is running ok on the 15-50 . So far so good .
Thanks again .

Old 04-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I used to get M1 0-40 at Napa in town. Now I'm using M1 5-40, per dealer tech, and they can't even order it for me.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
These engines like 15w-50... you wont have any problems. However, I am a Castrol convert....

Jason

Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
bergx7 is infamous around these partsbergx7 is infamous around these parts
If you guys are unable to find oil locally, use the distributor directory (search by zip code). They are able to get any kind of Mobil 1 you need. They can also likely tell you what stores/dealers they deliver to locally

http://www.host.exxonmobil.com/chann..._directory.jsp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does your local Mobil station carry 0-40 ?