997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Mobil1 0W-40 on Amazon on sale -what's the difference?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Mobil1 0W-40 on Amazon on sale -what's the difference?

This appears to be a fancier bottle label:
http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-98KG00-0...1927205&sr=8-2

This is the standard label. 6-pack on sale. is this the correct one to use?
http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-96989-Sy...1927205&sr=8-1

Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
I'd recall walmart's regular price is cheaper. You may want to check first.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
madporsche85 is infamous around these parts
I'd recall walmart's regular price is cheaper. You may want to check first.
That's true. That's why I recently purchased them at Walmart.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wolfnards
The only obvious difference is the seller. Amazon is a giant marketplace to the world now. The first one is sold by an auto supply house but the case lot is fulfilled by Amazon themselves.

The price per quart is lower (naturally) when you buy the six-pack, but it also comes with Amazon's free shipping if you have a Prime membership, so the net price by the time you get home is $8.41. Since I don't have to drive to Walmart, then pay for my gas and state sales tax, that's a pretty good price.

I ordered a six-pack although we haven't used a quart yet in our first 12,000 miles. Fifty bucks seems like a cheap way to pacify Murphy's Law and I can always feel smug dusting the case once a week. Thanks for the tip.

Gary

Old 04-04-2011, 04:12 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Mobil 1 On Sale

O'Reilly Auto Parts has Mobil 1 on sale for $4.99/qt
Very good price. Check out www.oreillyauto.com
Then click on Current Ad.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SKYKING
O'Reilly Auto Parts has Mobil 1 on sale for $4.99/qt
Very good price. Check out www.oreillyauto.com
Then click on Current Ad.

That is for 5W30 weight. Not what you want to put in your motor!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Don't forget about Amazon's rebate, $12 per case.

Amazon Mobil1 Rebate

Last edited by bbywu; 04-04-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
That's great. Downloaded it just now and I'll send it as soon as Amazon ships and makes a printed receipt possible.

Thank you,

Gary

Old 04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simsgw
That's great. Downloaded it just now and I'll send it as soon as Amazon ships and makes a printed receipt possible.

Thank you,

Gary

some dealers have oil by the quart to fill up your empties.

not sure if it's all of them but i know that it's usually around 4-5 bucks each because they buy it in huge quantities and fill it with their automatic dispenser system thingy. of course this requires a certain amount of **** retentiveness.

in any regard, if you're looking for a deal, that's a great alternative.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by brendo
[...]
Actually, I was just looking for a way to avoid having to find a handicapped parking spot and making the still lengthy hobble into Walmart. It never occurred to me that Amazon would sell a product like this with their usual shipping arrangements, since I know that it's a pain these days.

That advice probably helps a lot of people though. Refills on oil containers. Huh. You can't imagine how much that mimics the practice in my own youth working in gas stations. So close, yet so far apart in practical specifics.

Gary

Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu

Amazon Mobil1 Rebate
awesome find!

Old 04-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by brendo

not sure if it's all of them but i know that it's usually around 4-5 bucks each because they buy it in huge quantities and fill it with their automatic dispenser system thingy. of course this requires a certain amount of **** retentiveness.

good to know!

Old 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
The stores here in Minnesota sell the 0W40 for $4.99/qt. That is what Porsche recommends for my 09' C4S.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Though the picture in O'Reiley's specials flyer shows a bottle of 5W30 the sale is good for ANY Mobil 1 Syn Weight.

I just bought (9) Litters at the $4.99 (each) sale price.
BTW, limit is 24 units per customer, in case you plan to "stock pile".

Regards