997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Does Brand Matter Anymore?
Yes
87.18%
No
12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Does Brand Matter Anymore?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
I also think the marketed "brand" is clearly important and so far, Porsche has done well. Brands can "transition" positively or negatively. In my mind, BMW M is losing/ lost it's luster as has Ferrari considering they sell official golf tees, panties, teddy bears, laptops, and the Chris Harris interview didn't help.

To play devils advocate, I'm curious what you think people would say on the GTR forum. I suspect the answers could be completely opposite to most the sentiment here, which means what? Are we badge snobs? Or, are those hypothesized responses loyal to the GTR/ Skyline Brand more than Nissan?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
yes, absolutely. i work for a major record label and we are INCREDIBLY strategic about how we coalesce artists with subsidiary labels. the label brand and artist product must, MUST mutually compliment each other. there is a reason if i say "BMW" you have your idea of what that means, or "Porsche" etc. with that said, brands like "Nissan" and "Toyota", no matter how well executed their efforts are, surely don't immediately purvey a comparable image to the aforementioned marques.