997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

About to pull the trigger on my first 911. Need last minute help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
mihink is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Aren't they all...

His 'shock' is telling in it's own right or he was playing dumb as a fox. Even if he was shocked on the repainted areas (it's possible), he should not have been on the maintenance. However, if he truly was, or you think he truly was, then that's an indication of how he didn't maintain the vehicle.

You sir, for that price premium and based on your desires, deserve
a much better vehicle. Keep looking, there are plenty more out there.

Good luck
Agreed..I will keep looking. However, I still don't understand how the P-car dealers ask for so much $$$ on '06-07 models?? Some of their cars sit on the lot for months...basically depreciating daily and they still ask $57K for a base '06 C2..come on now

Oh well, I will find another car. Thank God I got the PPI! Money well spent.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mihink
Agreed..I will keep looking. However, I still don't understand how the P-car dealers ask for so much $$$ on '06-07 models?? Some of their cars sit on the lot for months...basically depreciating daily and they still ask $57K for a base '06 C2..come on now

Oh well, I will find another car. Thank God I got the PPI! Money well spent.
Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. It is shocking the prices on the Porsche dealers' lots. Huge premiums over individual sellers, more than one would imagine taking "profit" into account.

Keep looking and it's virtually guaranteed the right car will appear. I spent two months looking every day on the various websites and, lo and behold, there it was. It will definitely help if you're flexible on location ... I flew from Atlanta to Cleveland to get my car and you can do the same.

Keep posting when you see something interesting. As you've seen, we love talking about these cars and want to help a future owner.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:14 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Agreed..I will keep looking. However, I still don't understand how the P-car dealers ask for so much $$$ on '06-07 models?? Some of their cars sit on the lot for months...basically depreciating daily ..........
Just curious: your thread starter said you were in the market because your Cayman S was totaled - how did the Insurance settlement $$$ you got compare with the Dealer prices on a similar model? Did you perhaps ask your Ins. Co. adjuster what an 06 911C2 would bring?

FWIW: I was just there and it is not what you want but $58-59k will buy a 2008 C4S with 25,000 miles at Porsche of Orlando ( stock # 8S731982 ).

Last edited by tejoe; 04-09-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I started my search 3 yrs ago like u......every car had an issue(But im ****)

Go to the porsche website and search pre owned. narrow your search with the tool bar and locate what u want. Call the dealer and view the car.
work the numbers and buy a CPO'd car. Your pease of mind is worth something.

Im on the east coast and my car was from CA

my 2cents for what its worth

Old 04-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by tejoe
Just curious: your thread starter said you were in the market because your Cayman S was totaled - how did the Insurance settlement $$$ you got compare with the Dealer prices on a similar model? Did you perhaps ask your Ins. Co. adjuster what an 06 911C2 would bring?

FWIW: I was just there and it is not what you want but $58-59k will buy a 2008 C4S with 25,000 miles at Porsche of Orlando ( stock # 8S731982 ).
I got market value for the Cayman...$100 less than I paid for it including tax/title/license..so came out even.

I just checked the Orlando Porsche site...they are asking $65K for the car, per you they will sell for $58K..really? That's a HUGE markup.
Unfortunately, that is way over my budget...I'll keep looking.

BTW..anyone know how much it costs to transport a car from Los Angeles to the DC area??

Last edited by mihink; 04-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
I got market value for the Cayman...$100 less than I paid for it including tax/title/license..so came out even.

I just checked the Orlando Porsche site...they are asking $65K for the car, per you they will sell for $58K..really? That's a HUGE markup.
Unfortunately, that is way over my budget...I'll keep looking.

BTW..anyone know how much it costs to transport a car from Los Angeles to the DC area??

U can usually get the dealer to eat the price.....the ship so many cars, they probably dont pay the going rate.....i think its 1800 coast to coast. I got mine @ Hoehn.....first class all the way

Jim

Old 04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
just saw a 2006 @ charlotsville porsche black manual 24000 miles for 46k?
that was off the porsche website. not sure of what u want, but not bad $ if u work them alittle

Jim

Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
1. Searching is the best part and will help you determine what you will pay
2. Soon you will be able to take the ads at face value and know what you will pay going in
3. PPI serves as a bargaining point (I ran a number of cars through PPI before I found mine)
4. Generally speaking - Dealer will charge 8K to 11K more than private party
5. Dealers can sit on cars BECAUSE THEY CAN
6. Most buyers rely on dealer financing and aren't experienced buyers; hence number 5
7. Model year price delta is approx 3K with the exception of a version jump
8. Don't buy if you can't afford the maintenance costs
9. Buy one with all service records - single or two owner cars with all records are out there - you just have to be patient
10 GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
The car does have 2 keys (should it have 3 keys??) and all the books and includes the receipt for the latest 30K service done from the dealer. The owner was very upfront with me, however I insisted on a PPI and he agreed without hesitation.

Third key is the Valet key. Made of plastic and not that big a deal but an **** owner would not have lost it.( I have mine. ) As for the PPI results, it's too bad it turned out the way it did but it explains the selling price and was well worth the money and time you invested in it. As others have already stated, keep looking, you'll find the car you want.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Talking UPDATE: Found another car..deal done!

Alright fellas after my bitter first time experience with a shoddy car...I pulled the trigger.

'06 C2S loaded with CPO from dealer.. very clean PPI, perfect DME, RMS dry, no leaks. No accidents/clean history. Relatively new tires/brakes/fresh oil change/filters.Only issue is the clear bra has some scratches on it, how much does it cost for a new one??

Got it for a good price..I think.

Finally going to be in the saddle of a Carrera and an "S" model at that! Can't wait. Pics soon after I pickup this weeked.

Thanks for everyone's help through this process.
BTW, classic Porsche color combo - Artic Silver/Black

Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
New clear bra just on the front bumper probably is probably $350-$450 depending on where you are. Congrats on the happy ending to your story! Meanwhile, I've traded in my 911 C2S Cab, waiting for my PTT to be built, scheduled for completion on Saturday! Enjoy the car.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Congrats!! Can't wait to see some pics