997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Special Tool to remove the Front spoiler of a 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Special Tool to remove the Front spoiler of a 997.1

I am planning to remove the front spoiler on my car to get access to this stupid emergency trunk lid opening motor that is going crazy.

I have most of the screws off and need to remove these left and right pieces that slide together to hold teh spoiler on the top. Porsche recommends the use of a special tool that looks like a big and sturdy claw to grab these two pieces and extract them from the spoiler/fenders.

Has anyone been able to buy this tool? Have you used something commercially available?

Thanks for your help.

Yves

Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yvesvidal
I am planning to remove the front spoiler on my car to get access to this stupid emergency trunk lid opening motor that is going crazy.

I have most of the screws off and need to remove these left and right pieces that slide together to hold teh spoiler on the top. Porsche recommends the use of a special tool that looks like a big and sturdy claw to grab these two pieces and extract them from the spoiler/fenders.

Has anyone been able to buy this tool? Have you used something commercially available?

Thanks for your help.

Yves
Sounds like what is used to pop off trim pieces or to grab and pull the grips that hold on door panels. Should be available at any store that deals with auto parts.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
A picture of where you are speaking of would help but I think you might be referring to the clip which holds the entire front bumper cover up to the fender, no?

As in this clip:

If so, here's a link to an entire DIY on renntech.org how to remove the front bumper cover (see post 3 for pics/details in the thread) from a poster name carrera mike.

I've heard people also use a long pair of needle nose pliers to grab the clip or fab up a tool using a piece of a strong wire coat hanger.

Hope this helps and good luck

Old 04-09-2011, 04:50 PM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you, I managed to remove these parts and the best tool I used was the coat hanger! The clips were hard to pull out, and the coat hanger is the only thing that left me enough leverage to pull with both hands.

Thanks for all the links and hints.

Yves