997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ramp for 911 C2S Aero

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=Fred@ReverseLogic;3174478]There's no doubt that using 2x12 boards as trailer ramps is an order of magnitude more dangerous than using some 2x4s to adjust the approach angle so that a 17 degree ramp will work with your low ground clearance car.

But the practice of using 2x4s with the superstore ramps is not without some risks and should not be considered a best practice. Google this phrase for a reference to a Corvette owner's experience with 2x4s.

"Sometimes the back wheels would fling the 2x4s backwards"

Some years ago I tried driving a rear wheel drive car up onto four 1.5" high 8" square RV ramp blocks to raise all four wheels slightly off the ground in order to clean up the tires. Much to my surprise both RV blocks under the rear tires shot out about 30 feet across my driveway. Fortunately, no one was behind the car at the time

8 inches high?????? U r lucky no one was behind u
Good thing Im only going up 3 inches and the ramps are screwed to the floor

Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
That's the ticket! I'll give 'em a try. The price is certainly right.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 AM
BMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
Here's a comparison of the relative size and slope of a few different ramp models. The RLL-89-2 Progressive Incline Race Ramps are not yet available.
Will a C2S with factory aero package clear the RLL-87-2s or will the 89-2 be required? Is the drawing correct in that you loose 2" of height with the progressive ramps? What is expected pricing on these? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 AM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I have Rhino ramps; they are solid but they are not ideal. If you are working on even a very, very slight uphill, the front bumper will scrape them. Off course, turning the car around may help but can be a pain.

If I was to buy again, I would go with the reverse logic ramps.

T.

P.S.: I am definitively not suggesting working on a car on a hill here, I am really talking about the angle of a typical driveway where you want the water to flow towards the street (a couple of degrees?)

Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
my opinion

the first thing,on the first day, in the first class in College,
the RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB.
my .02
not worth skimping.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Arena994
the first thing,on the first day, in the first class in College,
the RIGHT TOOL FOR THE RIGHT JOB.
my .02
not worth skimping.
Hopefully, it wasn't a human reproductive biology class .

T.