997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ramp for 911 C2S Aero

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 AM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Ramp for 911 C2S Aero

I personally do as much work on my cars as possible. The 911 C2S Aero makes things a bit more difficult as it's really low to the ground. I have yet to use my 2 ton jack but I think I could get it under her. I'd prefer ramps but the ride height, tire width and aero kit could present problems. Any suggestions on the best lift method for oil changes et al would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
I would look at race ramps.

http://www.raceramps.com/

Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Thanks but WOW. ~ $300 for the set I think is right for the C2S... Any other suggestions out there?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Some of the larger jacks have extremely low saddle heights. < 2"

Also, if you have 2 jacks you can get one under the back of the car and raise it a few inches and then use another jack to pick up the side from the standard points.

dr

Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
You might try contacting edgy01 at rennlist. I believe he is also on here occasionally.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-securely.html

Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
get a set of rhino ramps. they're tough and inexpensive. ive got the aerokit too and they present no problems with the front lip scraping. it's tight but there is enough clearance.

http://bargainsherpas.com/Blitz-Rhin...tm_source=bing

Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
away is infamous around these parts
I recommend Rhino ramps as well for changing the oil. ie: backing the car up on them.

Not a chance on this earth you could drive my aero C2S forward on to the ramps though. If I'm doing work on the front, I simply jack the car up. Low profile 2 ton jack still fits plenty fit on the sides.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks a million for the counsel everyone! Rhino here I come.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911CSLover
Thanks a million for the counsel everyone! Rhino here I come.
I pull my car on top of a 2X12 and it clears the floor jack

Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
ramps

Originally Posted by ecostellodo
I would look at race ramps.

http://www.raceramps.com/
plus 111111!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 AM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
Race Ramps

Originally Posted by 911CSLover
Thanks but WOW. ~ $300 for the set I think is right for the C2S... Any other suggestions out there?
Shop around. I got mine for a bit under $300.00 shipped. Do a search on 6speed.

They are very light so I can store mine stacked wedge to wedge up high so they are out of the way.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 PM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
drive on top of wood & you`ll be fine

Old 04-09-2011, 03:36 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Second everyone else with the rhinoramp/wood suggestion. Drive up on a 2x4 or two placed in front of the rhino ramp and you should have no trouble clearing.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I purchased a set of ramps from Pepboys. The first time I backed my car up on the ramps was the last time. They went out on the street the next week on trash collection day.

I'll get a set from Reverse Logic.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
There is really no substitute for having the correct tool. This is very apparent to everyone reading this thread...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...f-loading.html

If the physics of modifying the auto superstore ramp incline by placing pieces of 2x4 lumber in front of the ramp were better understood, less people would take a chance doing this. I would be very surprised if the instructions for the plastic ramps did not include a warning to not modify the ramps in any way.
With all due respect, it is an apples to oranges comparison to compare placing a wooden board flat on the ground in front of a ramp in order to raise the approach height a bit versus driving a car onto a trailer using only two wooden boards suspended in the air. You have a product to sell and I have no doubt that it is quite nice; no need for the scare tactics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ramp for 911 C2S Aero