997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

DPE super concave wheels....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
DPE super concave wheels....

I have been playing around with the new camera equipment and took these pics of the car/wheels.I figured what better place to put the pics BUT here with you car aficionado's!
The wheels are DPE SPC-5 (super concaved on the back and shallow on the front)...
Hope you enjoy the pics......

And interior...

Last edited by justatoy; 05-31-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Sweet!!! Looks great, wished I could take pics like that.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
great photos and sharp looking wheels, justatoy!

two quick things if I may...

Did you paint the door pkt lids to match? Looks sharp too and I don't recall seeing it done before of any 9x7 series.

Talk to me about your wheel bolts, please. I've been looking for stainless steel ones to match my HRE P40s in brushed but not having much success finding something to work (based on yield strength compared to OEM bolts). Are yours chrome? Although I don't have polished lips, your bolts would still look good w/ my wheels. So, any details on where you got them, price, strength rating, locks too?

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
just, nice photo's!! car looks great

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Talk to me about your wheel bolts, please. I've been looking for stainless steel ones to match my HRE P40s in brushed but not having much success finding something to work (based on yield strength compared to OEM bolts). Are yours chrome? Although I don't have polished lips, your bolts would still look good w/ my wheels. So, any details on where you got them, price, strength rating, locks too?

Thanks in advance!
Burg, from the pics, it looks like he's got lug bolt covers. Check these out.
http://www.radusadirect.com/category...__lock_covers/

Its never a good idea to have Chrome lug bolts. After a couple uses, the chrome will start to chip off. Its best to use Chrome lug bolt covers.

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 04-10-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:45 AM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
you can get several different chrome lug bolts on ebay

Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
Sweet!!! Looks great, wished I could take pics like that.
Once you have good photography equipment the pics just happen.....that and the fact that you can pretty much FIX anything in photoshop,LOL!
I have to say that post editing IS the most important thing to learn.

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
great photos and sharp looking wheels, justatoy!

two quick things if I may...

Did you paint the door pkt lids to match? Looks sharp too and I don't recall seeing it done before of any 9x7 series.

Thanks in advance!
The door pockets and all the silver accents in the interior were done that way from the factory...the centre console is the best part,IMO!Not sure of the code BUT Porsche called it the "Aluminum look".....

The wheel bolts ARE spline drives and they are chrome....I have no idea of the strength of them...SORRY...BUT if you do a search on "spline drive lug nuts" you will get some hits and maybe the info you need!

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-10-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Dpe

exactly the wheels DPE quoted me on.
I have Sport Classics if you want to change looks.

Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Very nice. Love the concave look.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
I have been playing around with the new camera equipment and took these pics of the car/wheels.I figured what better place to put the pics BUT here with you car aficionado's!
The wheels are DPE SPC-5 (super concaved on the back and shallow on the front)...
Hope you enjoy the pics......

And interior...

do you mind telling me the specs of your wheels? it looks great on the car. Thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by vraxinus
do you mind telling me the specs of your wheels? it looks great on the car. Thanks
Thanks for the compliment!
I would LOVE to give you the specs...however I do not have them!
DPE just supplied them and I didn't ask,LOL.....sorry!
BUT I am sure that DPE or one of their sponsors would be happy to get you all the info you need!

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the compliment!
I would LOVE to give you the specs...however I do not have them!
DPE just supplied them and I didn't ask,LOL.....sorry!
BUT I am sure that DPE or one of their sponsors would be happy to get you all the info you need!

Cheers,

Stacy

what i mean is the size of the wheels of your DPE SP-C5. thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by vraxinus
what i mean is the size of the wheels of your DPE SP-C5. thanks
OH OK then......
Wheels,
20"x8.5" in the front and 20"x11" in the rear.

Tires,
235/30/20 front and 305/25/20

Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
OH OK then......
Wheels,
20"x8.5" in the front and 20"x11" in the rear.

Tires,
235/30/20 front and 305/25/20
Thanks. again..i like the looks of the DPE on your car. nice setup

Old 04-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
just, nice photo's!! car looks great

Burg, from the pics, it looks like he's got lug bolt covers. Check these out.
http://www.radusadirect.com/category...__lock_covers/

Its never a good idea to have Chrome lug bolts. After a couple uses, the chrome will start to chip off. Its best to use Chrome lug bolt covers.
They are actually Gorilla spline drive bolts and not covers.I haven't had any issues with the chrome yet and I have had my wheels off alot of times to detail the brakes and inner wheel wells......BUT I guess it is like paint and can be chipped off!?

Stacy

Old 04-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, very nice Stacy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DPE super concave wheels....