997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

targa opinions/price check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 299moto
Still patiently hunting for another 997.2

Test drove an 09 PDK Targa w/ 22k mi, CPO dealer car. Orig 121k MSRP-decent options. Lately, I hadn't much given the targa any consideration but really like that full glass roof. One thing I dont like about the coupe is the solid roof. My current DD has glass & I like the light without the noise @ times. And when open the Targa is huge, almost as nice a feel as the cab I had.

Dealer is asking 89k, I offered 80k CPO- Dealer stood @ 86k or 84k no cpo.
I walked.
They're acting like this is a valuable, rare bird. I know they are less common than coupes or cabs (only 6 997.2 CPO on the P-site) but I think that could be a negative later when its time to trade or sell.This would probably be a stepstone until 991 or a cpo GTS next year.

Targa owners, any regrets or issues? Anyone track theirs, as I would on occasion.
Hey Porsche, since your making 199 different models, why not throw us a GTS Targa
I love the Targa and highly recommend it. I've tracked mine a few times and no issues. Last week I rented a C2S cab in Nevada and drove 200 miles with many twisty roads. IMO, my Targa is grippier and more sure-footed in hard turns -- the 4WD is palpable even in dry conditions.

The 997.2 CPO Targas, especially the PDK's, go very quickly, even in the 80ks. Beverly Hills Porsche sold an 09 with 17k miles for $86k last October (original ask was $89k). Don't kid yourself though -- you will get smoked on trade-in if that's what you do in a year.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
itspol is infamous around these parts
I love my Targa ....and you will love Targa too.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
If you get PDK and care at all about having fun with the performance of the PDK make sure you get Sport Chrono Plus to unlock all that PDK has to offer.

As far as a Tarag model....personally I don;t like the look with the brushed and chrome trim and the heavy as heck roof.