997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche World Road Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
signature65 is infamous around these parts
I had a great time today at the roadshow. But I agree, I was under the assumption the GTS would be available......but nope!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 AM
alan000 is infamous around these parts
we (wife and I) just came back from the Roadshow today. We both really liked the Cayman R; nimble and fast with PDK, but sport bucket seats are pain to get in and out of. PDK as mentioned by another poster, was amazing. we have manuals at home and I never knew sport + held the gears till redline! The upgraded paddles were definitely more fun than the initial buttons Porsche offered. I'm now actually considering a PDK for my next car.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM
PFW_06C4S is infamous around these parts
Attended the Road Show yesterday at the Fontana Speedway. I am thoroughly impressed with the PDK in sport + mode and it would be a serious consideration. The Cayman R was fantastic in the autocross. It was a great opportunity to drive the Boxster Spyder. The auto cross was perfect to get some seat time with the Porsche Instructors. They had Carrera S Coupe, Carrera 4S Cab, Carrera 4S Coupe and Cayman in each group for the open road course.

The sport buckets are awesome - feels totally connected with the car and puts you at the lowest driving position. Sure, getting in and out of the short test drives is a pain, but if you own it and are doing track days, it would be a great asset.

The sessions were much shorter as compared to the Panamera unveiling. Still put a big smile on my face after each drive.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I agree with what's said about the Sports Bucket seat and PDK. The seat felt actually quite nice compared to my sports adaptive seat. PDK kept the gear all the way up to 7K RPM before shifting in the Carrera. And I also had renewed confidence on the PSM since I was able to push the cars harder than I'll ever do on regular street. PSM=Please Save Me - LOL

Amongst the mid engines I specially liked the Spyder. Not sure what it is but it just feels much more nimble than even the Cayman R.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I did the same thing. I have a PDK car, but this was the first time I've had the chance to really open one of these cars up in Sport +.

We were there at 2:00 on Saturday. What surprised me was that they were running cars with less than the 2,000 miles for breakin. The cars I drove had about 1,000 miles on them, and they were definitely being driven to the redline. It also surprised me that they said the cars had had one or more tire changes that weekend in such a short lifetime.

I wonder what happens to those cars. Do they go to the dealers to be sold later in life as former PCNA cars that are CPO'd?

I was at the Dallas event as well and had a blast. I was out there for the Sunday session. I really liked the Cayman R for the autocross circuit.

Those cars that go on these tours are definitley CPO'd. Dealers are all over them when they come up to be sold because they put all new brakes on them, recondition them and put all new tires on before they go to the dealers. They sell quickly, but for those of us that get to test them out, you gotta wonder about the harsh break-in that they have had!