997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997S, 9974S, 997 - need input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
997S, 9974S, 997 - need input

OK I need input from all you gurus out there...I think I want an 'S' with a few more bells and whistles. Not looking to break the bank (i.e. greater than about $75k) since can't do on my salary anyway. BUT given my current car (you can see what it has on my signature) and two I'm looking at, I would like your opinions. I LIKE the two-tone natural leather, very good look IMO. Anyhow, fire away

2007 4S: only issue is a 3-inch long gash in front bumper, which I would demand get fixed. Love the options on it though.

http://www.porscheofkingsautomall.co...f0ec8f73c2.htm

2008 S: been scoping this one for a while
http://www.porscheofthevillage.com/U...08-PORSCHE-911

Prices seem too high to you gurus ? Besides the one comment I expect that I could get either for $50k, which is unrealistic, I mean seriously.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
DuuudeSweeet is infamous around these parts
These are both very nice 3.8's with low miles. My guess is you plan on modifying, so I would save the money by getting the newer C2S and work with that as your canvas. My gut is telling me this could be had for a shade under 65k, but that's just me. You'll be happy either way.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:56 AM
SinisterSC is infamous around these parts
Why bother? The HP difference is fairly insignificant, and based on your mods it doesn't appear that you're tracking your car anyway. You've already received the same advice in other threads.

If you're looking for an upgrade, make it a TT or GT3. Other than that, you're just wasting your time and $$.

If you don't track your car, give it a shot. You'd be surprised just how capable a base C2 is. If I were you I'd throw on some GT3 LCAs, get a good alignment, and drive the **** out of it.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
i personally would not trade in a 08 carrera to get a 07-08 carrera S.

I am sure u've already heard all the financial reason why u should not..

i am curious to why u wanna make this change..

if u want more power, the S models u are seeking will prob not be enuf for u..lol. Just get a turbo !

but if u really want the S.. at least, look for the 997.2 (09+) with DI, LED, PDK and sportier look.

my 2 cents

Old 04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
+1, keep your existing car. Get a Softronic or other tune to give you a 'new' car experience, a good alignment as suggested and drive!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'm with the rest...put your $$$ into mods on your C2 and end up getting more performance out of that car than you would with either of the others. The only way it makes sense to swap cars is to find an 09 DFI car. The 09 C2 performs just as good (if not better) than an older S model just based on advertised performance numbers.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
keep in mind, tho..

last three replies came from guys with 'S'

Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I'm with the rest...put your $$$ into mods on your C2 and end up getting more performance out of that car than you would with either of the others. The only way it makes sense to swap cars is to find an 09 DFI car. The 09 C2 performs just as good (if not better) than an older S model just based on advertised performance numbers.
Good advice. 997.1 C2 to 997.2 C2 would be the way to go. I'm contemplating moving from my 997.1 C2S to a low mileage 997.2 C2 possibly with PDK/Sports chrono.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Well, I drove the S, and I'm not sure the hp difference was insignificant. I could feel it. Plus you get PASM, longer warranty, and lower finance rate due to CPO. And the one car is AWD with wide body, which I think is lowered a bit more than the std 'S'.

For me to get suspension mods, put a GIAC flash in, and a plenum, we're talking $3000 at a minimum. I could put much lower than that down on either one of these and have the power right away, with lower miles, warranty, ... what am I missing ?

I guess I like the silver, low rate, longer Porsche warranty...in the end the monthly payment would be same or lower. And if I keep for 3 years, what does it matter?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
keep in mind, tho..

last three replies came from guys with 'S'
Good Point

Only defense is that I started with an S. If I were sitting in his shoes, my decision would be to upgrade my C2 or save a few more $$$ and search for a .2 (S or not). I think moving from a .1 C2 to a .1 C2S or C4S wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade for the money. Too many ways to update via software/hardware for those cars.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
btw thanks for the opinions...much appreciated.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
Well, I drove the S, and I'm not sure the hp difference was insignificant. I could feel it. Plus you get PASM, longer warranty, and lower finance rate due to CPO. And the one car is AWD with wide body, which I think is lowered a bit more than the std 'S'.

For me to get suspension mods, put a GIAC flash in, and a plenum, we're talking $3000 at a minimum. I could put much lower than that down on either one of these and have the power right away, with lower miles, warranty, ... what am I missing ?

I guess I like the silver, low rate, longer Porsche warranty...in the end the monthly payment would be same or lower. And if I keep for 3 years, what does it matter?
Now you're making me second guess my original opinion...all good points. But I think I'd still try to hold out for a .2...but that might take some patience in waiting for a deal like that, and I'm not a real patient person either. Good Luck!

Old 04-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I know, I get the bug pretty bad, when it strikes. It will be a test of will.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Only you know if the numbers work out ok since we don't have all those details. If you really must upgrade, I'm with the others and say get an '09.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:11 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
you get better technology with a 09 up. and you get more car for the money with a 4S. And you really get the best feature, PDK with 09 up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997S, 9974S, 997 - need input