997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
I bought the FabSpeed X-Bypass pipe... sound? Yes, maybe like 10 more decibles, but its not an in your face change....
Somehow I doubt that! The dB scale is a logarithmic scale. That means that a sound pressure level difference of 3dB is TWICE as loud! 10dB would be a huge difference!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
akbjr is infamous around these partsakbjr is infamous around these parts
here is one I made prior to the sharkwerks install. I can confirm that some of the throatiness is missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xNgY3GCdI

akb

Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Thanks! That definitely helps me compare the different tones. I hear a littler higher pitch with the SW Bypass, with a much raspier note to it. It just sounds a littler 'angrier'. I like it...

Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Thanks! That definitely helps me compare the different tones. I hear a littler higher pitch with the SW Bypass, with a much raspier note to it. It just sounds a littler 'angrier'. I like it...
Thanks and folks with the PSE really do seem to dig it when combined with our center section!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'm planning on coming by Monday afternoon after some meetings in San Ramon to check out the place and hopefully get to hear one in person...something tells me my pocketbook will also be taking a little hit before I head out as well

Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Ordered Mine Today

I'm planning on coming by Monday afternoon after some meetings in San Ramon to check out the place and hopefully get to hear one in person...something tells me my pocketbook will also be taking a little hit before I head out as well
I was in the East Bay today and took a few minutes to stop by SharkWerks...was a real pleasure getting a chance to meet Alex and team, and getting a quick tour of the garage (and seeing the well-known Kermit in it's green glory). I can't wait to get my Bypass in and get it installed.

Thanks to Alex for the tour, I'll make sure to wear my SW tee and let that sweet sound come out for all to enjoy.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
I was in the East Bay today and took a few minutes to stop by SharkWerks...was a real pleasure getting a chance to meet Alex and team, and getting a quick tour of the garage (and seeing the well-known Kermit in it's green glory). I can't wait to get my Bypass in and get it installed.

Thanks to Alex for the tour, I'll make sure to wear my SW tee and let that sweet sound come out for all to enjoy.
Ditto these guys are awesome...i had my SW Exhaust installed yesterday all I can say is I LOVE IT. I have that and the IPD Plenum and they go like PBJ ..the car is soooooo fun to drive and added performance. Let us know what you think

Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
Ditto these guys are awesome...i had my SW Exhaust installed yesterday all I can say is I LOVE IT. I have that and the IPD Plenum and they go like PBJ ..the car is soooooo fun to drive and added performance. Let us know what you think
Aw thanks man and just glad you like it. I think between you and few of the other PSE-guys you've found a good use for the pipes:P

Great to meet you too and thanks for swinging by! Poor lil' Kermit eh? I didn't show you the state of her tires

Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
[quote=sharkster;3201011]Aw thanks man and just glad you like it. I think between you and few of the other PSE-guys you've found a good use for the pipes:P

Alex day two of the Exhaust and its breaking in very nice just what I wanted stock when cruising.. WOT music to my airs. Im gona make sum vids soon, but yes this exhaust and the IPD Plenum compliment each other very nice

Old 05-13-2011, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=996CABOVA;3201261]
Originally Posted by sharkster
Aw thanks man and just glad you like it. I think between you and few of the other PSE-guys you've found a good use for the pipes:P

Alex day two of the Exhaust and its breaking in very nice just what I wanted stock when cruising.. WOT music to my airs. Im gona make sum vids soon, but yes this exhaust and the IPD Plenum compliment each other very nice
That's so good to hear man. The PSE+Shark-pipe crowd is a unique club indeed:P