997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Internet Scam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Kavex is infamous around these parts
Now scamming GTR's!

Thanks for the post here guys, I'm glad I googled the msn.com email to be redirected here!

Now the same guy is scamming GTRs in the Los Angeles Times Classified:
" '10 GTR Premium, 7600 mi, auto, fl loaded, twn turbo, $35900 415/738-8163 djn2008@me.com. 5.78 mi. '10 GTR Premium, 7600 mi, auto, ..."

Here's his email reply from the classified:
"Michael Corr <ammx456g@msn.com>

The car is still for sale and the asking price is $35,900, it is registered on my name and the title is clear. I'm a pilot on cargo flights, and I away from home most of the time, so the car was barely driven as my wife does not have a license. I am selling cheaper than the rest as you can see because I need cash fast, as I need to pay for my wife's liver transplant, so please no loans or payments plans offers. Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person, but I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees. If you are still interested please email me back so I can explain how we can do this without me being present.

Thanks

PS: Here are some pics of the car: http://www.use.com/a45f908fcfcb4ba32071
"

Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 PM
apesheet is infamous around these parts
Haha,

I caught another dude called "John C Mathews " selling on another 2009 Porsche 911 GT2 for $54,000 ..lol

His email is john.mathews@msn.com

Here is his story, sounds awfully familiar:

Hello Sean,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $54,200. It is located in Brooklyn, NY and the VIN is WP0AD29939S766103. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. I've attached photos and the carfax report. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know!
I had a buyer offering $55,500 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.

If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you.
"Michael" is also scamming Audi S5's

The car is still for sale and the asking price is $29,500, it is registered on my name and the title is clear. I'm a pilot on cargo flights, and I away from home most of the time, so the car was barely driven as my wife does not have a license. I am selling cheaper than the rest as you can see because I need cash fast, as I need to pay for my wife's liver transplant, so please no loans or payments plans offers. Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person, but I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees. If you are still interested please email me back so I can explain how we can do this without me being present.

Thanks

PS: Here are some pics of the car: http://www.use.com/6146d5a0780e04709f51
******bags!!!

So the old adage "if it looks to good to be true, it is" is quite the reality these days.