997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I rode in the passenger seat...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
I rode in the passenger seat...

for the second time since I purchased the car. I let my wife drive since she says she never gets to practice enough to feel comfortable driving the C2S alone. Right from the stop light she runs through the gears deliberately, and proceeds to drive 22mph over on a 45mph two lane road . She didn't notice her speed until I told her . To which she responded, 'I was driving by feel' . I told her there is a big difference compared to her 17yr old Toyota (her college car which we still have). I think she needs more practice. Listening to the engine from the passenger seat (window down) is pretty neat

Old 04-24-2011, 04:43 PM
gellie is infamous around these parts
I guess it's going to be a lonely night.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
I did the same thing today - except it was one of my friends (who has an M3) at the wheel of my C4. Went on a nice windy backroad - all I can say is WOW. As a passenger, you don't have the luxury of holding the steering wheel as you steer through a turn, nor knowing when the accelerator is going to get hit hard, or riding through the powerband to redline - I was just amazed at the amount of feel there is as a passenger - I felt like I was in a rocket!

Now I came back after the drive and told my wife about it - she let me know she feels like she's flying everytime I nail the accelerator. I think I just might let her drive a bit more now just so I can feel the rush...!

God I love this car!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
My wife is the same way- doesn't realize how fast she's driving and the 911 gets up to speed quick! I put on an audible alarm at 65 mph for her so she doesn't get any more tickets. She's gotten more than me.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scoper
Now I came back after the drive and told my wife about it - she let me know she feels like she's flying everytime I nail the accelerator. I think I just might let her drive a bit more now just so I can feel the rush...!

God I love this car!
After my wife took the helm on the twisties after about a year of sitting passenger she said "ok, now I feel better about how you drive". I kept telling her she needed more speed so she wouldn't lug the engine. She was amazed at how much grip the car had. I didn't have the heart to tell her how slow she was going in terms of what grip the car really has.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Nice story, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:05 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by p's pcar
My wife is the same way- doesn't realize how fast she's driving and the 911 gets up to speed quick! I put on an audible alarm at 65 mph for her so she doesn't get any more tickets. She's gotten more than me.
I can't even imagine my wife driving the p-car

Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lowpue
I can't even imagine my wife driving the p-car
For me it was a defensive tactic. She kept saying she was going to take it for a girl's weekend. I know my wife well enough that if I said no she would make a big deal about it. Instead I said "yes, but you have to drive with me in the car enough so that I know you're comfortable driving it." she drove it once and that was the last time she's mentioned it since.
Girl's weekend has come and gone.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
My wife drives mine on Sundays when we are out together.. she loves it and I love see her enjoy my toys.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
My wife can't drive manual and has no desire to learn, I'm cool with that. Porsche's are so stable at speed that if you don't look at the speedo, going 90mph feels like 60. I'm lucky I haven't been stop yet.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I think most people get nervous about driving someone elses car (especilally if they really care about the person ). In my opinion .. your wife really cares about you . She realizes the car is special to you and whatever fun she's have driving it is dampered by her not wanting to spoil the car fun you are having . The fact that her car is a 17 year old Toyota makes the car comparision even more unequally yolked .

A nice gift to her would be a new car when you are ready to offer it . This way she can share the driving fun that you cherish at her own pace with a car that she feels is hers .

As for riding in the passenger seat ? I don't like being a passenger even if I am in someone elses car . I enjoy it less in my own cars .

Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
ggregory is infamous around these parts
Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 AM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
I taught my wife how to drive a manual. We've never owned an automatic. I don't mind her driving it at all. She likes to take it to her knitting club.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
We have three cars and I got her a new SUV three years ago (I'm not a fan of SUVs). But yes, she always says, 'but what if something happens to it in the parking lot?' or 'I don't want to be the one put a mark on it because it is your car'. I always tell her not too worry about it - but she always worries about little things like that. That is why we have the third car - my DD and the simple around town beater so to speak.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 PM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
My wife loves driving the car. She can drive it anytime she wants to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I rode in the passenger seat...