997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Here in Bangkok Thailand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Here in Bangkok Thailand

Team -

My wife and I adopted a 2 yo boy and are visiting Bangkok to pick him up. I must have checked on my car 5 times before I left to make sure all was well...

Anyway Bangkok is a major tale of the have's and have nots. Serendipitously, there is one (and I mean ONE) 2009 911 C4S (silver too) that seems to rip up and down the main drag all day amongst the masses of buses, taxis and motorcycles. It's a welcome sight!

The main drag is somewhat trafficked and has a train/skywalk built over it. His aftermarket exhaust (not sure of the make) makes for a great channeled porsche shriek and you can clearly hear him coming and going. It's quite heartwarming.

Just a random note from abroad. I'll snap a shot today from the skywalk if possible today .

Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
away is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the adoption! Quite an amazing thing your doing there.

Safe travels home.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
There are a few hundred of Porsche in Bangkok. Most of them are not DD and ofcause no fun to drive Porsche during rush hours in big/crowded city like Bangkok. By the way, due to high import tax, C4S cost about USD400K in Bangkok!!!

Very nice of you and your wife to adopt a child. Lucky boy.

Last edited by exponential; 04-26-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
stop by the lambo show room inside the mall.

i saw a lambo in front of 4 season. it's always a treat to see one in front of your hotel.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
My mother is Thai so I go to BKK quite often. Also, one of my friends works for GE out there, we stayed in Ekamai last October and drove past a big windowed dealership that had a plethora of white exotics, including a 911. The traffic is brutal, the only place I've experienced worse traffic is Manila. I would love to take the 911 out to the countryside however, lots of winding roads.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Traffic of course is bad in the city but I've seen a few Ferrari's ripping on the toll road from the city out to the the airport and back around midnight. Hardly any cars and that is a relatively new road so it's pretty smooth. Pretty sure if there are any cops out there they either turn a blind eye or if they did pull someone over, a 500 baht note makes it all good.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 PM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by exponential
There are a few hundred of Porsche in Bangkok. Most of them are not DD and ofcause no fun to drive Porsche during rush hours in big/crowded city like Bangkok. By the way, due to high import tax, C4S cost about USD400K in Bangkok!!!

Very nice of you and your wife to adopt a child. Lucky boy.
That's unreal!!! I was dumbfounded when we visited one of the luxury malls to find the prices are significantly higher than in the states for the same products...

Old 04-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure if you've seen this article in wired, but I understand the knock off market here doesn't stop with clothes and hand bags...

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...unterfeitcars/

Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911CSLover
I'm not sure if you've seen this article in wired, but I understand the knock off market here doesn't stop with clothes and hand bags...

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...unterfeitcars/

Their main market is for action movie which will be only 2-3 minutes on the flim and blown away.

Of cause, also for some client that want to drive their dream car but with very high taxes they have their choice but that's only a few doing so

Last edited by exponential; 04-28-2011 at 08:58 AM.