997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tire aspect ration question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Tire aspect ration question

Need some advice.

I own a 2006 C2 with 19" Carrera Classic wheels, 235/35R19 on the front and 295/30R19 on the rear.

I recently ordered some custom wheels from a board sponsor. When I opened the packages today, I noticed that the fronts were shod with 245/35R19.

What issues, if any will I encounter? Offset on the custom wheels is the same as the Carrera Classics.

The car is not lowered. I just wonder if the difference in aspect ratio will make any difference.

Last edited by lacrosse; 04-28-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the only difference is 10 mm of total width...unless the 5mm each side will cause a rubbing issue (probably only at full lock) the rolling diameter should be similar since they are both 35mm profile (aspect ratio) tires

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Thanks. I will post pics when I get them on the car (hopefully tomorrow).

Old 04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Jpg0511 is infamous around these parts
They will also be 7mm taller.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jpg0511
They will also be 7mm taller.
Will that impact handling? Will there be a tendency to either under or over steer? Sorry for the Noob questions.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
You are asking very good questions. Based upon what I've read I believe you can expect the 245's to produce some additional understeer but I'm don't understand the topic well enough to explain why. (A search on Rennlist under Racing/DE's might prove helpful. The guys who build their own race cars know this stuff.) Also, the Carerra family (ex GT's) typically run either a 295 or 305 in the rear. None of them, however, run a 245 in front and I can't recall anyone going in that direction aftermarket. The first question I would ask would be to your supplier, "what's up with the 245's"? As others have pointed out, the differences may not be noticeable but I'm not sure I'd put them on the car unless you are ambivalent about the outcome. Once you do, you own them.......best.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Need some advice.

I own a 2006 C2 with 19" Carrera Classic wheels, 235/35R19 on the front and 295/30R19 on the rear.

I recently ordered some custom wheels from a board sponsor. When I opened the packages today, I noticed that the fronts were shod with 245/35R19.

What issues, if any will I encounter? Offset on the custom wheels is the same as the Carrera Classics.

The car is not lowered. I just wonder if the difference in aspect ratio will make any difference.
Neglecting fitting issues and assuming the rears are the original fitment, the wider fronts may alter understeer/oversteer characteristics.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Need some advice.

Shouldn't be a problem with fitment. Did you order with 245's or did the vendor just send them that way?

Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
They were sent that way.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I just spoke with the vendor and he has assured me that the tires will work with out any rubbing or handling issues. So we will see.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Any tire change I always use the great tool on Discount Tire's website. You can compare the differences at:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

Old 04-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by lowpue
Any tire change I always use the great tool on Discount Tire's website. You can compare the differences at:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos
Thanks for the link. Very helpful!

Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Who did you get the wheels and tires from ?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dadio
Who did you get the wheels and tires from ?

PM sent

Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steamboat
You are asking very good questions. Based upon what I've read I believe you can expect the 245's to produce some additional understeer but I'm don't understand the topic well enough to explain why.
hmm, i was thinking more rubber up front = more grip = less understeer/thus more neutral (or more oversteer). no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire aspect ration question