997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Face-lift or Nose-job ?
GT3 Face
66.67%
Techart Spoiler
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

New Face dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
hmmm.. here is another pic of the Techart lip..

not sure who is driving it..

I vote this look........BUT aren't those custom made side-skirts?

Here is another pic of the front lip for you.....

Wonder IF this car would look better with the turbo front bumper????

BUT on a serious note.......the two looks you are chasing(voting on) are completely different!
The Techart spoiler is more subtle while the GT3 front looks more race(y)!

NOW the turbo front and the GT3 front I would classify as having the same race(y) look....

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-28-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
i've heard the above is a rare sighting...

u can look like the pic below now, Stacy..

Attached Images    

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 04-28-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 PM
911 S is infamous around these parts
i would say go with the techART since u already have the techART sides.. and with ur HREs it would look perfect, check out the customer's gallery on sharkwerk's webste, there is a silver C2S with nearly identical wheels and the techART kit.. should help u make a decision..

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM
echere88 is infamous around these parts
I would go with techART....GT3 looks a bit too busy...

Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911 S
i would say go with the techART since u already have the techART sides.. and with ur HREs it would look perfect, check out the customer's gallery on sharkwerk's webste, there is a silver C2S with nearly identical wheels and the techART kit.. should help u make a decision..
thx for the heads up !

u mean these?

Attached Images   

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 05-02-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
TA looks nice from the side.. not so much from head-on..

GT3, on the other hand...

thx, Sharkwerks, for the pics..

Attached Images    
Old 05-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 with lip and the top grill as I really think the grill breaks up the monotony of the front bumper. The addition of the grill would actually work with the stock bumper but the GT3 front end is one of the best Porsche has ever done IMO. Make sure you show pics of the finished product whatever you decide as my car is the same color as yours and I enjoy seeing the exterior mods and wheel changes in my color.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

I vote this look........BUT aren't those custom made side-skirts?

Here is another pic of the front lip for you.....

Wonder IF this car would look better with the turbo front bumper????

BUT on a serious note.......the two looks you are chasing(voting on) are completely different!
The Techart spoiler is more subtle while the GT3 front looks more race(y)!

NOW the turbo front and the GT3 front I would classify as having the same race(y) look....

Stacy

Stacy,

That wind seems to be pulling the rest of u hair OUT!!!! LMFAO

Jim

Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Stacy,

That wind seems to be pulling the rest of u hair OUT!!!! LMFAO

Jim
YUP...only it is NOT the wind! The cause of 'Hair-loss' is from being married,owning a Porsche and getting suckered into doing MORE projects to the car!

I am just in Awww over how many of my 'friends' push/twist and convince me to spend MORE money on this car......you guys suck!

On a side not though Jim....I still have WAAAAYYYY more hair than you.....

Stacy

Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 AM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Techart... looks better on a cab

Jason

Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
YUP...only it is NOT the wind! The cause of 'Hair-loss' is from being married,owning a Porsche and getting suckered into doing MORE projects to the car!

I am just in Awww over how many of my 'friends' push/twist and convince me to spend MORE money on this car......you guys suck!
whew.. i thought it was only me twisting ur arm..

Can't wait for ur finished project !!

On a side not though Jim....I still have WAAAAYYYY more hair than you.....

Stacy
that's not funny..

man.. i had to dig for this pic..

[/quote]

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
i favor Techart for Cab. If you go gT3, you need a wing in the back. Your car looks great as is though.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
For all those curious....JIM is the little shiny headed guy...
And he takes shots at my hair-line......!

whew.. i thought it was only me twisting ur arm..

Can't wait for ur finished project !!

that's not funny..

man.. i had to dig for this pic..

[/QUOTE]

Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
GT3 all the way, just a little warning, it's going to be low and hard to drive around especially if you lower it.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
TA looks nice from the side.. not so much from head-on..

GT3, on the other hand...

thx, Sharkwerks, for the pics..
You bet... and there's many more here:

It's a tough call. The GT3 is my favorite front end from the factory ever.

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-ca...rera-s-c4-c4s/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Face dilemma