997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: Face-lift or Nose-job ?
GT3 Face
66.67%
Techart Spoiler
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

New Face dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
New Face dilemma

as some of u already know, i've been considering a new look.

but i can't decide if its going to be a complete face-lift or just a nose job.

at first, i was going to go with the Turbo bumper with LED.

But as gorgeous as the turbo face is.. i just can't do it.

so now, it looks like i am deciding between the GT3 front or Techart Lip.

Look at the two pics below and help me decide ! (i have the TA sides like the pics)

Attached Images   
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
Why are you backing out? Cost?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
btw, i've looked at the Turbo conversion from every angle.. it just is not for me.

Attached Images      

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 05-02-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Oakland_Stan
Why are you backing out? Cost?
several reasons.

sometimes, when i look at my car, i think she is perfect the way she is.. (thx, Larry)

other times, i think she just needs a little nip and tuck..

but i am not ready to change her persona, yet.

GT3 bumper seems ok since the 997.2 has similar look to it (especially the GTS and the Speedster)

Plus, i always intended to return her to stock (when i get old and feel nostalgic.. lol) so i am not ready to alter her electronics for the turbo lighting.

i do appreciate all the help u've given me tho, bro ! and i still think the turbo front bumper is the best looking..

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 04-28-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I like the no nonsense look of the GT3. All business.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Noticed in your turbo pics above, none of them have the lower lip color matched. I think this makes a huge difference in its appearance.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by lacrosse
I like the no nonsense look of the GT3. All business.
i also like the agressiveness of the gt3..

Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
Noticed in your turbo pics above, none of them have the lower lip color matched. I think this makes a huge difference in its appearance.
ofcourse u r right.
if i went thru with the conversion, i would have def painted the lower lip.

i am planning on painting the lower lip of the gt3 bumper if that's the way i go..

Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'm not a fan of bodykits, so I say leave it as is: it looks great. Those wheels really help finish the look as well (good choice).

With either the Aerokit/GT3 Front End, you need to add the matching Side Sills or else the car looks unbalanced. The same with the Techart lip, it needs the side matched.

Even though I have the GTS with the SportDesign front end, the front lip isn't exactly real deep, so it matches the side/rear.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I'm not a fan of bodykits, so I say leave it as is: it looks great. Those wheels really help finish the look as well (good choice).

With either the Aerokit/GT3 Front End, you need to add the matching Side Sills or else the car looks unbalanced. The same with the Techart lip, it needs the side matched.

Even though I have the GTS with the SportDesign front end, the front lip isn't exactly real deep, so it matches the side/rear.
i already have the TA sides.

actually i had it on.. and it looked so funny without an aggressive front..

so i just took it off last week.. and now the car looks like a 4x4

Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
i already have the TA sides.

actually i had it on.. and it looked so funny without an aggressive front..

so i just took it off last week.. and now the car looks like a 4x4
HA! A few steps ahead already. Well, if the sides are taken care of, then my vote is for the GT3 front...better GT3/OEM look.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Cutters68 is infamous around these parts
I am interested in your turbo bumper, but wanted to know what is involved electronically with getting the LED's to work on a 997.1 S? Cost of conversion? Thanks!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Oakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura aboutOakland_Stan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
several reasons.

sometimes, when i look at my car, i think she is perfect the way she is.. (thx, Larry)

other times, i think she just needs a little nip and tuck..

but i am not ready to change her persona, yet.

GT3 bumper seems ok since the 997.2 has similar look to it (especially the GTS and the Speedster)

Plus, i always intended to return her to stock (when i get old and feel nostalgic.. lol) so i am not ready to alter her electronics for the turbo lighting.

i do appreciate all the help u've given me tho, bro ! and i still think the turbo front bumper is the best looking..

No worries man. I will tell you though, if you go through with it, I don't think you will regret it. It looks good as a finished project and I receive compliments from random people everyday!

Also, just to let you know, the electronics don't have to be altered in a way that permanently changes anything. I still have the stock wiring intact and can re-apply my old bumper in simple plug and play fashion.

If you remain convinced that it's not for you, my vote is for the GT3 front.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cutters68
I am interested in your turbo bumper, but wanted to know what is involved electronically with getting the LED's to work on a 997.1 S? Cost of conversion? Thanks!
haha.. not sure.
diff people have told me diff things.
some feel, u just need some sort of a resistor harness..
others say to get the turbo control module and have the Ptech re-wire the pins.

OaklandStan and RoadRage has been very helpful.

sidenote: i am not sure if i wanna ship it across country, just yet.. i don't have a box to pack it properly and the shipping charges must be astronomical..

i live in LA so i was hoping for a local sale..

Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
hmmm.. here is another pic of the Techart lip..

not sure who is driving it..

Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
As you already know I say save the money and do nothing .

BUT --
If you must do it then my pick goes to the Techart . It is actually made specifically for the car whereas the Gt3 fascia is not made a Cab .

At least the Techart matches a product with a design function .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Face dilemma