997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Seeking Quick Advice on 2007 C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 AM
CTP855 is infamous around these parts
Thank you everyone for all of your feedback, it's much appreciated. I've taken some notes, and I'll be much better prepared when I see and drive the car later today. I'll keep you posted on my decsision. Again, thanks to everyone, my son and I are leaving for Springfield, Illinois shortly.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:52 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Well -- I received a negative rep on this thread after I posted an opinion on what i think this car is worth .

The comment I received revealed what I view as immature response so I refuse to waste my time any further on this thread.
There I fixed it.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mattyf
There I fixed it.
Thanks matty . I read the compliment.

I read the thread over and I do feel that the comment I got does not match the demeanor of the original poster . Perhaps someone is simply very immature .

BUT .. perhaps someone wants to sell him that car and didn't like that I pointed to an opinion on the carfax. . Who knows ?

I had found the car based on his description very early in the thread . I posted and deleted it after i saw the private negative rep comment but i do feel that what I said might help the OP .

Based on the carfax between two owners that vehicle has been in four states (California, Arizona . New York ) only to end up in Illionois ?
There's no unusual repair history cited but I do find it odd that the car hasn't seemed to say in one spot for very long.

I also feel the price is too high . At best I felt the car was worth 61.5 .. even less .

To the original poster --
Good luck in whatever you decide . i hope this helps.

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:15 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Thanks matty . I read the compliment.

I read the thread over and I do feel that the comment I got does not match the demeanor of the original poster . Perhaps someone is simply very immature .

BUT .. perhaps someone wants to sell him that car and didn't like that I pointed to an opinion on the carfax. . Who knows ?

I had found the car based on his description very early in the thread . I posted and deleted it after i saw the private negative rep comment but i do feel that what I said might help the OP .

Based on the carfax between two owners that vehicle has been in four states (California, Arizona . New York ) only to end up in Illionois ?
There's no unusual repair history cited but I do find it odd that the car hasn't seemed to say in one spot for very long.

I also feel the price is too high . At best I felt the car was worth 61.5 .. even less .

To the original poster --
Good luck in whatever you decide . i hope this helps.
I've found your advice to be extremely helpful. So don't stop giving it, even with your odd punctuation I've been watching the market closely since last October. I still haven't found 'the one', but that's ok since things like kitchen remodels keep getting in the way.

Your advice on this particular cars seems dead on with my research. And even if it wasn't I don't understand negging people because you disagree. Neg them because they're being a *****.

Discussing prices on forums is always a little painful. Buyers want to hear they got a stellar deal and owners want to hear their cars haven't depreciated a dime since new. Hard to not **** someone off.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Matty -

Ever since io bought my first Porsche I enjoyed following the market to figure out what i might get back in order to buy the next Porsche .

It seems like all the asking prices have been high lately . The best deals seem to be the 06 C2S . There's a huge climb to the 07 and so forth .

At the higher end of used the best prices are in the Turbo . Consider this .... (odd punctuation noted ) ... if an 07 C4S is asking high 60's and an 07 turbo is asking low 80's that's less than 15K compared to a 40K price gap when the cars were new in 2007.
Dollar for dollar the 07 Turbo is a comparative bargain .

But even the 2007 997.1tt costs a lot to modify and the new PDK car has enough punch right out of the box (stock) to make a used 2010 car with ask prices in the low 130's become very attractive. (unless it prices the buyer out at that level) .

If i were going to buy a used 911 today .. (based on asking price appeal )
The 06 997S in the 50's
The 07 997tt in the 80's
The 10 PDK turbo at 130
The 08 Gt2 sub 150 .

This list is just for today . It constantly evolves .

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-01-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
If i were going to buy a used 911 today .. (based on asking price appeal )
The 06 997S in the 50's
The 07 997tt in the 80's
The 10 PDK turbo at 130
The 08 Gt2 sub 150 .
This list is just for today . It constantly evolves .
I thought I was the only one who made that list in his head... Thanks for validating! BTW I agree with all four except the 07 997tt I feel is still too highly priced given the 997.2's advancements. If I were in the market today for a used Turbo I would wait until some more 997.2 supply hits the market -- I'm guessing when the first 991's are released and some of the "must have prestige of newest model" buyers trade in their turbos.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM
PFW_06C4S is infamous around these parts
Price is on the higher side. I pulled the trigger 22 months ago on a 2006 C4S with 18K miles for $55K private party. Went through the PPI at the dealer and discovered small leak in the rear main seal and had that repaired right away (no charge as covered under warranty). I purchased a third party extended warranty for peace of mind (negotiated it to $2500)...much better that the dealers' pricing in the mid $60s. Do your homework - it will save you money and provide you will more knowledge. Good luck with your experience and eventual purchase.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
07 997tt I feel is still too highly priced given the 997.2's advancements. If I were in the market today for a used Turbo I would wait until some more 997.2 supply hits the market
I happen to agree with this . The 997.tt has a lot to offer and the only thing that the 997.1tt has over it is that if one is trying to set a speed record the tuners have gone further with the Gt1 engine to bring the car to that level . Stock to stock .. there is no comparison --the 997.2tt wins in every category . I even feel that it's not even necessary to modify a 997.2tt .

Lastly .. the budget shopper may not have 130-150K .
80K does buy a heck of a car with the 997.1tt when one considers that a C4S is that close in the upper 60's.