997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Introduction: DirtyVegas – 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Beautiful car and color. I have been looking for CPO cars and I think the price is more than fair considering the color, miles and options. Most important is that you purchased a car you love and will enjoy! Use it in best health. This will be a nice way to enjoy the summer.

Any mods planned?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:29 AM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
Nicely done and congratulations!

I'm intrigued at the idea of the aerokit less the special front end. As you said, better for ground clearance and speed bumps.

I like those wheels, but love the 5-spoke Carrera Classics. Go to www.wheelenhancement.com to check out different styles.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new ride, looks very clean in carrara white.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I already hit the rev limiter a few times. I hope it is nothing that I should be too concerned with?
you'll find varying opinions on this one. there are 6 ranges after redline. i think according to porsche:

range 1: 7,200 to 7,500
⇒ Maximum permitted engine speed exceeded; engine damage possible.
range 2: 7,500 to 7,700
range 3: 7,700 to 7,900
range 4: 7,900 to 8,400
⇒ Maximum permitted engine speed clearly exceeded; engine damage probable.
range 5: 8,400 to 9,500
⇒ Maximum permitted engine speed very clearly exceeded; engine damage very probable.
range 6: over 9,500
⇒ Engine damage has generally occurred.

as a trakkie, i bounce off the limiter a LOT. i have over-revs in ranges 1-5 (but all range totals besides range 1 are small, from 2 separate incidents, and less than 2 seconds in duration). can they cause damage? absolutely. but can you "get away with it"? only time will tell on the overall health and longevity of your engine, but from posts i've seen there are def more than a handful of cars on these forums that have over-revs and that are still going strong. mine included.

point is, try to avoid it of course but if you do hit the limiter, dont freak out as you are probably ok.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
PFW_06C4S is infamous around these parts
Nice all the way around - Carrera Sports are my favorite OEM set and they give it that aggressive look. Yours is optioned pretty good so that price is good and it is CPO so you can sleep well. Enjoy the ride.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:32 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
My first priority mods are: Nav-TV Sat, Ipod, and BT modules. Those are surprisingly quite pricey.

A few questions if I may:

What is the best way to clean / maintain an Alcantara steering wheel? The car is in a brand new shape, but the steering wheel Alcantara is showing signs of wear, not sure if the prior driver used driving gloves.

I love this N/A engine. It will not stop pulling. I already hit the rev limiter a few times. I hope it is nothing that I should be too concerned with?

What do you guys think about these stock 19” wheels? I haven’t made up my mind yet if I like them or not.

Any other suggestions for the first time Porsche owner?

Thank you,

Dirty
Great car, I love it and like those wheels. Do not hurry to part with them.
Usually it makes more sense to get a set of wheels for sport - track/DE/AX and before you decide on that - give it some time.

For bluetooth and ipod - search here for possible options. I use mobridge and it is OK, I beleive most other interfaces are not very different. look for one on ebay, it will be cheaper.

do not worry hitting rev limiter just by giving too much throttle. fear 'money shifts' - like engaging 2nd gear instead of 4th or 3rd instead of 5th. that is what kills engine. simple fuel cut-off is not going to damage anything.

for steering wheel - ont sure, now you see it why old-fashioned leather is better than synthetic alcantara. new wheel is about of a grand, used one on Ebay can be found cheaper - from 400 to 800. I would try to clean old one first.

Regards, Paul.

Last edited by utkinpol; 05-02-2011 at 11:34 AM.