997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sold my 997... now what to buy?? a Prius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Mercedes C63. Can't go wrong.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MarkusB1
i sold my two stick shift cars... now what to buy?
open to suggestions...

i had to sell em because of my knees and the clutch so i am looking for an automatic. thinking something new for less than $75k
thanks but i'm too tall for a boxster, i'm 6'3

no Panameras for this guy, i'm a single guy, lol...

Whatta ya'll think of the Infinity G37 sport coupe??
let's see.. automatic, less than $75k, new, sports coupe... sound about right ?

there are ton's of cars to fit that criteria.. but i would def pass on the Infinity G37

i'd recommend the new Mustang Boss.. but it only comes in 6 speed, i believe.

go with the new Mercedes c63 coupe.. or the Cayenne S - the ultimate SPORTS utility for a single guy !

Old 05-04-2011, 02:48 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
M3 hardtop vert with DCT fits in your budget. OTW S5 would be nice. Maintenance will be a lot cheaper than GTR (every 6 months servicing).

Old 05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
You guys are WAAaaay to serious! M3 this, Boxster that!

GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS! SLAMMO THE CLOWN CAR!

Be the talk amongst friends!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 PM
MarkusB1 is infamous around these parts
the C63 AMG coupe looks like a great car for the price.
CabinetMan you've owned some cars!

thanks CrazyCarlitos i already have an SUV, and don't like Mustangs, why do you think to pass on g37? it's a good looking car for sure...

taylorcoleman starting to check out pdk's at 75000 not many cabs out there.

not so much on the audi s line thanks.

i'll go preowned if i can get a good interest rate.

enjoying your suggestions

Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

I would go with a Honda CRZ as it should be more fun than a Prius and still remains Hybrid.

Or as a last resort, get the New Camaro 2011....

Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 AM
i looked at the CRZ for gas mileage before i bought a 997... looks good on the outside but it's pretty silly on the inside.. not a serious sports car, plasticy.

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
I would go with a Honda CRZ as it should be more fun than a Prius and still remains Hybrid.
Or as a last resort, get the New Camaro 2011....
was looking at the Camero, tough buying an American car but i'll look at it again. the price is right.

started to look at leasing a 911 maybe a GTS. what's so great about a GTS over a Carrera?? someone enlighten me please.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Cabinetman is infamous around these partsCabinetman is infamous around these parts
i looked at the CRZ for gas mileage before i bought a 997... looks good on the outside but it's pretty silly on the inside.. not a serious sports car, plasticy.

was looking at the Camero, tough buying an American car but i'll look at it again. the price is right.

started to look at leasing a 911 maybe a GTS. what's so great about a GTS over a Carrera?? someone enlighten me please.
My father-in-law has a 2010 Camaro SS with an automatic and I haven't been that impressed with his car. The interior isn't that great and the visibility is pretty poor. Also, the car isn't as quick as you would expect. You would probably be happier with a loaded Corvette Grand Sport if you really wanted to go with a GM product. Honestly, I would take a Mustang 5.0 over the Camaro.

The GTS gives you the wide body look in a 2wd platform. The added power is also nice, but it isn't a huge jump over a normal S. I think the GTS looks great and I really enjoyed the one I drove at the Porsche World Road Show. If I could swing the extra cost I think it is a nice upgrade over the C2S.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
thanks CrazyCarlitos i already have an SUV, and don't like Mustangs, why do you think to pass on g37? it's a good looking car for sure...
i've never been a fan of Infiniti line.. nor a fan of the new Camaro.. i suppose the same way u don't like the Mustangs

too bad.. i've heard a lots of great things about the new Boss.. best bang for ur buck

Attached Images  

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 05-05-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:45 AM
i went and put my name on a list for a Lexus CT Hybrid today... i thought it was a good driving little car... it wasn't a porsche of course... but i am waiting for some new mpg engineering to come along in the 911. So it looks like i'll drive one of these for a while... there's a pretty big list to get them so it might be 3 months before a white one comes along for me...and then we'll see if i still want one.