997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sold my 997... now what to buy?? a Prius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
MarkusB1 is infamous around these parts
Sold my 997... now what to buy?? a Prius?

i sold my two stick shift cars... now what to buy?
open to suggestions...

i had to sell em because of my knees and the clutch so i am looking for an automatic. thinking something new for less than $75k

Old 05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Boxster Spyder PDK?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 PM
thanks but i'm too tall for a boxster, i'm 6'3

Originally Posted by Mini George
Boxster Spyder PDK?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
CPO Aston Martin Vantage. I know you said new but hey CPO is as good as new.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
New? S5 tip or wait to see if they upgrade to DSG.

Used- I would get a GTR or CLK Black Series.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:26 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Is the knee problem a permanent dealbreaker for you wanting a manual car in two years ? Because you might miss a Porsche 911 .

Leaning towards a two year lease of an automatic BMW gving the knee a healing time and a price and timeline boundary ( decent lease programs too) if that's the case .

If not .. and the car is long term .. then buy a Panamera V6 .

Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 AM
996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold
The...

...Lexus CT Hybrid.

Prius (platform) on luxury steroids. 42mpg... not too shabby.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Coy
Coy is infamous around these parts
GTR will be good

Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 AM
good ideas coming out, thanks... was just looking at M3's but do they come in automatics?? can't get the 'build your own' to let me have one... never would have thought of leasing, might look into that. and the knees might get better you're right.

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Is the knee problem a permanent dealbreaker for you wanting a manual car in two years ? Because you might miss a Porsche 911 .
Leaning towards a two year lease of an automatic BMW gving the knee a healing time and a price and timeline boundary ( decent lease programs too) if that's the case .
If not .. and the car is long term .. then buy a Panamera V6 .
no Panameras for this guy, i'm a single guy, lol...

Lexus CT Hybrid, been looking at that too! have to say it's not that attractive.

GTR... i've been noticing GTRs around town since i've been on this site... big muscle huh? they sound kinda funny tho', at least the one i saw the other day, what a silly japanese car sound!

Whatta ya'll think of the Infinity G37 sport coupe??

Last edited by MarkusB1; 05-04-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Be unique!

Hey,, if nothing else,, I am more creative than the average bloke!

Last edited by Hayabusa; 05-04-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: UNBELIEVABLE,,, I misspelled a werd! =))
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MarkusB1
good ideas coming out, thanks... was just looking at M3's but do they come in automatics??
The M3 is available in a dual clutch auto, almost as good as the PDK. The engine in that car is a beast, sucks gas though.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Why new? Depreciations hurts

75k for a used 911 PDK.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Cabinetman is infamous around these partsCabinetman is infamous around these parts
An M3 DCT is a lot of fun and right in your price range. You might also want to consider the C63 AMG coupe if you can wait until it arrives at dealerships. A new GT-R will be above your price limit, but if you decide to lease the high residuals on GT-Rs help get the payments down a bit.

I've owned both a M3 DCT and a couple of GT-Rs. If I only had one car that I was going to drive daily it would be the M3. The Bimmer is comfortable and has room to carry four adults. The lack of low end torque makes the M3 feel a bit slow at lower revs, but once you get your foot in it the little V8 is a hoot. The GT-R is an entirely different animal. The ride is rough no matter what suspension setting you use and no one besides small children want to ride in the back. The performance is on another level from the M3 or even the Carrera S. At real world speeds there are few cars that are as quick as the Nissan. Also, keep in mind that the GT-R is fairly expensive to maintain while a new M3 will have included service for the first four years.

Good luck in your search.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Take a look at the Audi TTS. It's got more room for the driver than a 911 and is easier to get in and out of. The DSG is great and it's a blast to drive. With a simple ECU flash from APR, it will out-perform many 'better' cars. I've had a coupe in the past and a roadster now - get the one that fits your climate best. (I like mine better than the Cayman S I had)

The Audi S4 is also a great choice and worth a look. You could select every option available and still have about $10k in your pocket!

In your price range there are many, many options.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sold my 997... now what to buy?? a Prius?