997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche International Show in LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:23 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
Porsche International Show in LA

Hi all,
Just want to share my experience in Fontana yesterday. Porsche is doing a Porsche World Roadshow at the Fontana Auto Speedway from 5/3-5/5, and I had a chance to test drive all their cars on both track and autocross for FREE. I had a chance to do one hot lap begining with the Cayman, then switched to the Carrera, then C2S, then C4S, then finally got a ride with the instructor in the new Turbo. As you can see, the power and speed progressively moved up, and I must say, the new PDK is amazing. I never think i'd buy an automatic sport car, but man, that **** shifts so fast it's scary.

Then we went to an autocross event to see how nice the mid engines take those curves. The car selections were Boxster S, the new Boxster Spider, and the Cayman R. Those are actually pretty sweet behind the wheels. Got to do a quick acceleration test down the stretch at full throttle then a few S-curves. I wasn't a big fan w/ the Spider at first, but after the test drive, they certainly made their point about that thing being quick and nimble. The engine note is nice and every shift was slightly beyond redline, and you would hear a monsterious thump on every gear. It looks real good in person too.

Anyways, gotta get back to work. Enough with my 2 cents. If you are free today or tomorrow, swing by Fontana and see if they'll take you in. No-shows usually happens, and you can take their spots to do some liberal things that you would not be able to do from a test drive at the dealership.

Vroom..

Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
Yea, went couple years ago, it was a great time.. I'm going again on this Thursday, can't wait!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I was there yesterday as well. I was in the other group that did the mid engines autocross first and then the Carreras on the track. The biggest surprise for me was the Boxster Spyder. It felt much sportier and faster than even the Cayman R. And that top just looks awesome.

It was a good day...

Old 05-04-2011, 02:31 PM
maxzboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steph280
I was there yesterday as well. I was in the other group that did the mid engines autocross first and then the Carreras on the track. The biggest surprise for me was the Boxster Spyder. It felt much sportier and faster than even the Cayman R. And that top just looks awesome.

It was a good day...

Yea, I was hella surprised on the spider too. The gray one looked really good and the red interior with them buckets seats are a gem man.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 PM
chaud is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by maxzboy
Yea, I was hella surprised on the spider too. The gray one looked really good and the red interior with them buckets seats are a gem man.
Same here! Both my friend and I agreed that the Spyder felt even better than the CaymanR... I really wonder why that was... I was under the impression that the CaymanR was supposed to be slightly sportier than the Spyder... Anyone have any idea on that?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
The instructor said eventhough the Spyder has 10 less horses, it is much lighter than the Cayman R. I think it also has some different exhaust, maybe sports exhaust? The sound definitely contributed the feel of going faster.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Kuhl997 has a spectacular aura aboutKuhl997 has a spectacular aura about
The Porsche model Tiffany was good too!