997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV-TV iPod (OPI-P): No Random?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
NAV-TV iPod (OPI-P): No Random?

I just got NAV-TV Sirius, BT, and iPod modules installed.

For those who have the NAV-TV iPod OPI-P module in their 997, how do you guys activate the 'random' track sequence? It seems like it is inactive or disabled.

I called NAV-TV and they have advised me to set the iPod to 'manual' control if I want the shuffle feature enabled within my playlists. But that means using the iPod to move through songs instead of the radio unit. In addition, in this manual mode the iPod will not pause if a different audio source is selected.

This seems completely backwards and very inconvenient. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a better workaround?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I just got NAV-TV Sirius, BT, and iPod modules installed.

For those who have the NAV-TV iPod OPI-P module in their 997, how do you guys activate the 'random' track sequence? It seems like it is inactive or disabled.

I called NAV-TV and they have advised me to set the iPod to 'manual' control if I want the shuffle feature enabled within my playlists. But that means using the iPod to move through songs instead of the radio unit. In addition, in this manual mode the iPod will not pause if a different audio source is selected.

This seems completely backwards and very inconvenient. Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a better workaround?

Thanks.
I dont think so. I tried to find a way through the PCM menu but coudn't find a solution. I doubt it's possible. So i found another solution I got 2 Ipod connections one in the glove box which is controlled though the PCM menu and one in the center console which is controlled manually. It allows me to use other functions from my iphone like internet radio or pandora that I can access manually. Its not cost effective because you need two connections and 2 ipods but it works for me

Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Interesting... so you have 2 iPod connections to your NAV-TV module?

Originally Posted by Norman75
I dont think so. I tried to find a way through the PCM menu but coudn't find a solution. I doubt it's possible. So i found another solution I got 2 Ipod connections one in the glove box which is controlled though the PCM menu and one in the center console which is controlled manually. It allows me to use other functions from my iphone like internet radio or pandora that I can access manually. Its not cost effective because you need two connections and 2 ipods but it works for me

Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Do any Mobridge or Dension owners experience issues with the shuffle/random setting?

I'm sorry, but having paid so much for this module I would expect one of the most important functions of an iPod to actually function!

Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
[QUOTE]Interesting... so you have 2 iPod connections to your NAV-TV module?

No I have nav tv in the glove box connected instead of the cd changer and the connection in the center console is connected through the FM band. The sound is slightly better with nav tv but still very decent through FM connection. So I can switch between connection like if I was switching between cd and radio. Works perfectly well.