997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to ship a bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
OK, here is a more stable way to transport it.

Attached Images    
Old 05-12-2011, 07:57 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
And in case it rains on the way to Vancouver (yeah, right!), I'm prepared!

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
And in case it rains on the way to Vancouver (yeah, right!), I'm prepared!
Count on rain along the way......GOOD job Ken,GOOD job!

Name:  freight6.jpg
Views: 3080
Size:  54.2 KB

Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
I am speechless..

classic.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Now THAT'S innovative!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:09 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
I am speechless..

classic.

Originally Posted by Scoper
Now THAT'S innovative!
That's my boy......Ken.....the guy is a TROOPER!.....willing to help the TEAM every time!

Cheers,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Tmainevent is infamous around these parts
This should be a sticky post if not already!!! Awesome suggestion from justatoy!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by OKB
OK guys, this is how you ship a bumper. Ive done 1/2 a dozen this way. Bubble wrap and tape. Works every time.
Fedx ground, no measuring , no weight, just take it in.
About $50 or less coast to coast
SInce this thread has been resurrected, I thought I should provide an update on the shipping. While tape and bubble wrap look sufficient, I decided to add some wood bracing, as you may have noticed in some of my photos. Despite that added measure, the bumper was apparently placed under other heavy objects by FedEx, resulting in the top corners being splayed outwards when received by Justatoy. Next time, I would tie the top corners together as well to prevent that from happening.

Stacy: Post a photo of the bumper now that it is mounted on your car, so everyone can see that my HUGE effort to help you was justified.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Need to paint your car brown now.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
SInce this thread has been resurrected, I thought I should provide an update on the shipping. While tape and bubble wrap look sufficient, I decided to add some wood bracing, as you may have noticed in some of my photos. Despite that added measure, the bumper was apparently placed under other heavy objects by FedEx, resulting in the top corners being splayed outwards when received by Justatoy. Next time, I would tie the top corners together as well to prevent that from happening.

Stacy: Post a photo of the bumper now that it is mounted on your car, so everyone can see that my HUGE effort to help you was justified.
Ken did do an awesome job of wrapping this thing up.Here is a pic of the wood he used to screw together and support the bumper...

Name:  P1030212.jpg
Views: 3067
Size:  58.7 KB

And a picture of the bumper on the car!

Name:  _DSC9507.jpg
Views: 3085
Size:  69.9 KB

Last edited by justatoy; 08-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Besides its ability to carry a bumper, a cab can also carry more tires than you'd think. Here are two 315/25x19 PS2 tires being taken to UPS. Another wonderful thing about cabs: lots of carrying capacity.

Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Tmainevent is infamous around these parts
Angry

Originally Posted by Tmainevent
This should be a sticky post if not already!!! Awesome suggestion from justatoy!!!

So ....I had to give an update and some warning for Greyhound Package X-press....

I took to this wonderful idea and 'sold' an aero bumper on here to a fellow member of the forum.

Make a realllly long story short----THEY LOST IT WITH NO TRACKING DATA TO BE FOUND----

They also have a tarrif limit on lost items----they sent me a check for $100.00 for my $1000+ bumper?!@?$?%?%

I also had to refund the member the cost he paid!@#$%^

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE GREYHOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:52 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tmainevent
So ....I had to give an update and some warning for Greyhound Package X-press....

I took to this wonderful idea and 'sold' an aero bumper on here to a fellow member of the forum.

Make a realllly long story short----THEY LOST IT WITH NO TRACKING DATA TO BE FOUND----

They also have a tarrif limit on lost items----they sent me a check for $100.00 for my $1000+ bumper?!@?$?%?%

I also had to refund the member the cost he paid!@#$%^

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE GREYHOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check E-Bay & Craig's List...there is Porsche Bumper up for sale!! It's obvious that either someone from Greyhound stole it or a passenger getting off said..oh..that's mine and took it. All of Greyhound's employee's are dumb that's why they work there!!

That sucks for you bro. Wish you could of gotten your money for the bumper back.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Name:  _DSC9507.jpg
Views: 3046
Size:  69.9 KB[/QUOTE]

What kind of wheels are these? They are pretty damn awesome.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by daberlin
What kind of wheels are these? They are pretty damn awesome.[/QUOTE]

Here is a link just for you......

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ve-wheels.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es-wheels.html

Cheers,

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to ship a bumper