997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rennline jack pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Rennline jack pads

Do any of you (do-it-yourselfer) use these jack pads?

What do you think of them? Do you use them with hydraulic jack only, or have you found some jack-stands that are compatible with these pads?

Thanks
Yves

Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I was going to buy some jack pads but hockey pucks work great!

Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I use this Jackpad that I bought on Ebay at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...mZ220769746261

Looks a lot like yours, but not as fancy. I like the quarter turn feature since I can put it in the hole and then helps we align the jack. I use it for swapping my wheels.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lowpue
I use this Jackpad that I bought on Ebay
I use the same thing, different vendor, who uses a compressed non scratch plastic.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have my car lowered, and even with a low profile jack the fit is tight. I doubt a jack with a thin rubber pad does any damage at all.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:45 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I have my car lowered, and even with a low profile jack the fit is tight. I doubt a jack with a thin rubber pad does any damage at all.
I use the jack from Griot's, which has a small rubber pad. I could get away with that, but at the dealership, I'm worried about the giant claws...

I do about 99% of my own work, but occasionally need warranty or dealership work done.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I use the jack from Griot's, which has a small rubber pad. I could get away with that, but at the dealership, I'm worried about the giant claws...

I do about 99% of my own work, but occasionally need warranty or dealership work done.

Bob,

No more pictures of this beast........if so I am moving to another forum! LOL

Jim

Old 05-07-2011, 01:37 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I use the same thing, different vendor, who uses a compressed non scratch plastic.
I almost bought the plastic ones for the same reason....you happy with them?

Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes, actually. I don't really need them in my garage, but when I go to the dealership or an independent shop, they are pretty faithful in using them.

bob

Old 05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes, actually. I don't really need them in my garage, but when I go to the dealership or an independent shop, they are pretty faithful in using them.

bob
That is a really good idea....I only have one pad. Maybe I should get the set of 4 plastic ones and do the same thing....I would have thought the dealer would not be an issue since they specialize in P-cars...

Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 PM
They may, but their lifts are all the same. Big claws that have the potential to dig into the side skirts. if the tech isn't careful in their placement.

bob

Old 05-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I use hockey pucks. Cost $ 1 each at the local used sports equipment store. Not as pretty but just as effective.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
I have the rennline pad and used it yesterday for the first time to do a brake pad swap.

Changed my pads and did an errand run making four stops. Then came home and later took a buddy out for a quick spin.

Woke up at 1:30 this a.m. remembering that I never took the jackpad out of the passenger side. I was sure it was lost but I found it in the same spot this morning.

Not saying any other pad wouldn't have held there, but I was happy to find that I'd get more than one use out of it.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, can't beat a $1 practice (new) hockey puck. I use them on my lift arms as well.