997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Mirror like shine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Black when clean looks stunning...

Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Thanks all for the compliments, truly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Gorgeous! Don't ever drive it! Just sit on a comfy chair with a cup of coffee and stare at it.
haha, good idea, I find myself throwing the trash away a lot, in and out of the garage all the time.

Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
Wow! How long did it take?
Washed, clayed, polished, and washed again was about 3+ hours, had helped from my brother and a friend, it would had been a lot longer w/o their help.

Originally Posted by justatoy
Nothing better than the minute you finish polishing/waxing a car......it is addicting!.....or at least to me,LOL!

Congrats on a job well done!

Stacy
It was fun for the first 2 coats, the last one, was tiring, I think the weather was part of it, it's getting hot here so a lot of sweating made it uncomfortable and tiring

Originally Posted by Hayabusa
No,, I am with you on that. That is why I mentioned the comfy seat, coffee and staring at it. The only part I didn't mention is getting yelled at for staying in the garage longer than I should.
Wife did not yell but she did rolled her eyes, and said, "again?".

Originally Posted by alirob
It looks truly "klasse" (auf Deutsch).
How long did it take to do the glaze?
I glazed it a day later, it takes about 20-30 minutes to apply the glaze, let it sit for 30 minutes and buffed it off with a microfiber cloth, that takes about 45-60 minutes. 3 coats, so 3 days in a row. Get off work, come home, glaze it, pick up the little one from grandma's and start buffing.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:00 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
911 look great. Nothing beats a clean black car.

What car is in the reflection?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark

What car is in the reflection?
Thanks, it's the Mercedes SLK.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JoeShark
and nothing worst than a dirty one

car is looking awesome
I love the rims

Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Well done Ynot, she looks incredible! As other have stated, nothing compares to a well-detailed black Porsche. Very frustrating color to deal with day to day, especially for crazy OCD types like myself. But after a good detail, the black is just gorgeous!

Jay

Old 05-08-2011, 09:44 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ynot
Thanks all for the compliments, truly appreciate it.

haha, good idea, I find myself throwing the trash away a lot, in and out of the garage all the time.

Washed, clayed, polished, and washed again was about 3+ hours, had helped from my brother and a friend, it would had been a lot longer w/o their help.

It was fun for the first 2 coats, the last one, was tiring, I think the weather was part of it, it's getting hot here so a lot of sweating made it uncomfortable and tiring

Wife did not yell but she did rolled her eyes, and said, "again?".

I glazed it a day later, it takes about 20-30 minutes to apply the glaze, let it sit for 30 minutes and buffed it off with a microfiber cloth, that takes about 45-60 minutes. 3 coats, so 3 days in a row. Get off work, come home, glaze it, pick up the little one from grandma's and start buffing.

Looks great! This inspires me to do this when I get home from CHI2011! Would like to learn from your wisdom and have a few questions:

Originally Posted by YNot
I'm all about the Trinity (Wash/clay/polish), but sounds like you washed again before putting the glaze? Did you do that last wash after the Polish or right before you glazed? I bought Menzerna FMJ - do you consider this a decent glaze to use?

Did you use painter's tape to cover the crevices?

Would love to see the rear and the front. Can you upload pics?

Thanks and great job!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Pcar416 is infamous around these partsPcar416 is infamous around these parts
Nice shine!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Great job, I'm sure you are very satisfied. Love the wheels.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
AMR Power is infamous around these parts
Great work on the shine

Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by wolfnards
I'm all about the Trinity (Wash/clay/polish), but sounds like you washed again before putting the glaze? Did you do that last wash after the Polish or right before you glazed? I bought Menzerna FMJ - do you consider this a decent glaze to use?

Did you use painter's tape to cover the crevices?

Would love to see the rear and the front. Can you upload pics?

Thanks and great job!
Yes, I wanted to wash it again to make sure that all polish were removed from the car. Once it's all washed, I waited the next day to apply the glazed, you do not have to washed it again if it's stored in the garage. Menzerna makes good products, I used their intensive polish. I have no opinion with their glaze as I have never used it.

yes, here is a pic of all the rubber getting taped.

Sorry I did not take any pictures of the front and rear, I only took the side so that you can see the reflection (my other car). Since I drove it today to a photoshoot, it's dirty again. Gotta love black. However in a week, you'll see some very nice front, back, side pictures from a professional photographer.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Wow, never thought to tape off the rubber....you are serious with your work.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
What is the wattage of the portable shop lighting used to correct the finish? I'm looking at lighting ranging from 500 to 1200 watts.... Double or single lights?

Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by jakesdad
What is the wattage of the portable shop lighting used to correct the finish? I'm looking at lighting ranging from 500 to 1200 watts.... Double or single lights?
I have a 1000w double lights that I did not use, that should be sufficient. You can post the same question in the Detailing section for expert advise. I'm no expert, most of the work was done by my brother and a friend. However I did all the glazing.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Congrats on a job well done!

Stacy
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
Well done Ynot, she looks incredible!
Jay
Wow.. getting two thumbs up from these two OCDs (also with black cars) is like winning the Oscar..

Congratulations, Ynot

Originally Posted by Ynot
Menzerna makes good products, I used their intensive polish. I have no opinion with their glaze as I have never used it.

yes, here is a pic of all the rubber getting taped.
actually, u can prob join their ^ OCD club now..

ur car looks great !

Menzerna FTW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mirror like shine