997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clutch help 2010 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Exclamation Clutch help 2010 C2S

I have a real stumper going on. At around 300 miles post delivery, I started having the clutch pedal stick to the floor when revving over 4000 rpm and trying to put it into gear. I took it to the dealer. They replaced the Master cylinder and checked the flywheel and clutch (because it really smoked!). They said they couldn't reproduce the problem, but did the replacements out of "goodwill"

The problem did not disappear. It happened again; this time I had the master tech in the car with me; shifting from 2nd to 3rd at 4000 rpm caused the pedal to stick to the floor (I had to pry it loose). This was not normal....they took the car in and replaced the slave cylinder this time.

It was symptom free for quite sometime, however when using the SPORT button and trying to "launch" the car, it would stick a bit. Given the fact that that Porsche NA gave me a CPO for my trouble and a visit to Zuffenhausen, I took what I got.

However, I just replaced the flywheel with an aasco single mass, changed the clutch to a Sachs Stage II with pressure plate and new throwout bearing. The guy who put it in is the best indy tech and shop in San Diego county. Unfortunately, the sticking pedal is back with a major vengeance. I push the clutch pedal in, rev to 5000 in neutral, and the pedal sticks to the floor! We checked the Master to slave pressure line - interestingly, there is no bleeder valve on the slave and there is a return line from the slave to master. I am hoping its just trapped air - but the fact the symptoms that were present when the car was brand new has me freaked.

The car is sitting at the dealer now. I have a good relationship with them (bought a used boxster for the wife), but I am worried they are going to blame my upgrades on the problem. I think the issue is hydraulics (a leak maybe??)

Any thoughts or advice on this very bizarre problem would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
zoomzoommo is infamous around these parts
No bleeder valve on the slave? Positive about that? I had a sticky clutch pedal on my .1 that was corrected with a new slave. It stuck once more, so I began bleeding the slave during routine flushes, and the problem disappeared.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Positive no bleeder, .2 has a return line to master. Your experience matches mine, hopefully a simple bleed will help. Symptoms are worse as the car heats up.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 PM
It gets weirder... The sticking clutch is worse with higher engine revs. There isn't supposed to be a connection between the hydraulic pressure and engine speed. Dealer stumped Porsche na rep involved. Any ideas out there?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
rideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to allrideontwo is a name known to all
I am impressed and quite surprised that the dealer is still willing to work on the car given the aftermarket flywheel and clutch.

As far as ideas, its quite interesting that the problem gets worse as the revs increase. Is the dealer certain its not a pinched hose? I am coming to that conclusion by thinking there is ample fluid for low revs but a possible pinch in the hose is not providing adequate fluid as revs increase and more pressure is requested.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Great dealer, service manager is top notch -- good folks...

Got clarification and potential solution.

It appears when I mated the LWFW (aasco) to the Stage II clutch and Pressure Plate (SACHS); after calling aasco directly, it is a known problem that the Sachs PP is "crap" Apparently it has LESS holding force than the stock plate, and this alone may be responsible for whats going on.

The dealer will reinstall the original PP, keep the stage II disc and LWFW, bleed the system and run her hard. Hopefully that's all it takes - otherwise everything goes back to stock.

I will keep you guys informed.....

Old 05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
That's all it took. Sachs performance pressure plate is crap...
Oh and 1800 bucks to the dealer to make it all good --
New oem pressure plate + sprung clutch (sach stg II), + aasco lwfw = totally new ride

After that scare, I am done with mods