997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2007 GT3: The Plight/Journey of the O.Z. Ultraleggeras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Hey guys,

Thanx for the replies and honest criticism.....

DIRTYVEGAS - if you like your wheels, then get them powdercoated red....about $500-$600 for a good powdercoat. cheaper than getting new wheels. I've seen
your wheels in black. Red would be cool.

SURFAH - RS wing will be left carbon, but the endplates will be red.

SHARKWERKS - Hey Alex, My last mod will be EVOMSIT tune..... please hold a size sexy medium shirt for me

STEVEPOW & JELLIS - I can go either way on the graphics..... my side mirrors and RS wing endplates (whenever i get that wing) will be red so it will tie in nicely without the graphics..... people who know cars, know what a GT3 is already

JELLIS - I took the rear +5 mill spacer out since OZ said take off stock spacer. The offsets I got are for Narrow body GT3 per OZ factory recommendations and tire rack recommendations.

19x8.5 +53mm front
19x12 +68mm rear

Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Well it looks great! 19x12 ET 68 with a 5mm spacer would be 63 which would still work and look a little more flush. Either way, looks awesome!

Jason

Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by JEllis
Well it looks great! 19x12 ET 68 with a 5mm spacer would be 63 which would still work and look a little more flush. Either way, looks awesome!

Jason
Jason....

I'm late in the 997 GT3 game!!!!!! lol

I finally was able to convince my wife last november and afford this damn dream car of mine!!!!!

I followed your mods on your 997 and they were very tasteful.... I even asked about your GMG wheels

So i respect your opnions/comments.

I couldnt pass up the deal i got on these wheels and I have member 6776 to thank.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevepow
Wheels without the graphics weren't working for me - the graphics tied it all together.
+1 and I think the mirrors and wing with red accents will only help bring it all together!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
jbigelow_1:

How long does the powder coating process take? Is it a 1 day job? I am thinking about getting my wheels done, and was wondering if I would be able to just drop them off in the morning and pick them up that night or what. I don't have an extra set of wheels at the moment, so I will be without the car for the duration of the process.

Thanks for any answers.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Dropped my wheels off Tuesday afternoon..... they stripped them on Wednesday..... Painted on thursday.... Picked them up first thing Friday morning.

Just depends on how busy the shop is, powder availability, and their schedule.

The shop i went to does a lot of work. They have multiple massive ovens. They had the powder available since they had other red projects already that week.

http://powdercoat-it.com/

Ask around your area who does good powdercoating and use yelp to get reviews.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 PM
N/P bro.... gdluck

Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Looks great. I suggest that you get your powdercoat guys to do the lug nuts. Maybe do that on a new set and keep the current ones as spares

Old 05-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jack667
Looks great. I suggest that you get your powdercoat guys to do the lug nuts. Maybe do that on a new set and keep the current ones as spares
Powercoat the lugs? That is hardcore, just go to home depot and get a can of spray paint. But I do agree, those OEM ones does't match. I think the graphic looks great. I had the same idea, painted side mirror, painted end plates, with the exception of painted wheels. My sister-in-law said, "eww" , anyways, once it's all done it'll be perfect. Especially with the GT3RS wing.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ynot
Powercoat the lugs? That is hardcore, just go to home depot and get a can of spray paint. But I do agree, those OEM ones does't match.
I rattle-canned mine, after treating with brake cleaner and using the holes-in-a-box method. That's certainly a valid option, but it is time for me to re-do mine, as they get chipped up every time a shop works on the car. Maybe powder coating would be more resilient? Either way, the reason I suggested it is that this guy seems to have a relationship with the powder coat guys, and he wouldn't have to worry about matching paint.
I suppose it would be more of a pain to do, as I was able to do mine while the car was sitting in the garage, just removing 8 lugs at a time (2 per wheel). No hassle with either buying a spare set of lugs or dealing with downtime if you just send out your only set of lugs...

Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanx for the replies/comments guys.

JACK - i'm good with the silver lugs.... i'd rather spend the $ on something else for the car. Also, powdercoating involves heating up the lugs in order to cure the powder onto the metal (wouldnt want to alter the metallurgy on the lugs and weaken them possibly - that's life safety).... besides, dont want to chip the powdercoat on the lugs since they are a wear item as you stated when donning or doffing the wheels!!!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Love em!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Love em!
Can't believe we just talked Damon!!!! LOL

These wheels were purchased from you guys originally....

Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
SHARKWERKS - Hey Alex, My last mod will be EVOMSIT tune..... please hold a size sexy medium shirt for me
Hehe roger that! Holding:P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3: The Plight/Journey of the O.Z. Ultraleggeras