997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Silver Door Handle Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
on the subject of door handles, does anybody know if there is touch-up paint for it? Mine is showing a little wear and tear.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ynot
on the subject of door handles, does anybody know if there is touch-up paint for it? Mine is showing a little wear and tear.

Yes, like much of the 911 interior, those things are crap too. I guess you pull 'em and send them to Eric or maybe he knows of a quickie fix. I was thinking get a spare pair and keep them in rotation - one pair on and one in route to/from bumperplugs....

This is the first car I have owned where the interior seemed to get more wear than the exterior.

I do hope the 991 upgrades the durability of the synthetic interior parts.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
+1

got a small nick on the driver side handle.. and it makes me

would like to replace just the handle, if possible.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
No thank you! LOL

I will have my dealer work on it looking at the DIY. Figure it will be safer and that way and I will have a peace of mind that all is reseated as it needs to be within the door.

Now that I think about it... this will be an over $500 project again. Wondering if it is really worth it for two plastic pieces. My mind says NO, but my soul and Stacy say YES.

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Indeed I am refering to This DIY by Gundo (where's he been BTW?).

Have not done myself to personally say if it's as difficult as it might appear at first blush. That being said, pulling a door panel is easier than it looks once you dig in. Plus, from the instructions Gundo posted, you'll be in good hands and I'm sure plug guy Eric will be just a phone call away if you need assistance along the way.

Good luck

Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Well, you have a couple of alternatives...

Switch to CF door pulls for $625 from MACarbon:

OR eliminate plastic pulls all together and go w/ straps + CF trim for $2099
($449 for the strap conversion kit + $1075 spear trim + $575 strap surround)

Start w/ the strap conversion kit from Suncoast in your choice of red, black or silver:

then add the spears + strap surround from MACarbon:

(taken from Stacy's book "How to Make Porsche Friends" )

Old 05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !

You guys CRACK me up....
BUT,
I like it......and YOUR solutions/links ARE really expensive! That oughta put a dent in their wallets,LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-10-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Indeed I am refering to This DIY by Gundo (where's he been BTW?).

Have not done myself to personally say if it's as difficult as it might appear at first blush. That being said, pulling a door panel is easier than it looks once you dig in. Plus, from the instructions Gundo posted, you'll be in good hands and I'm sure plug guy Eric will be just a phone call away if you need assistance along the way.

Good luck

Exactly I'm pretty crafty, but that one gave me pause...

Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
My mind says NO, but my soul and Stacy say YES.

LMAO

Old 05-14-2011, 11:42 AM
rebe1 is infamous around these parts
Damn, that looks sweet! Was that interior ordered from factory, or customized via Eric?

Originally Posted by justatoy
At first I wasn't fond of the silver accents BUT with time it grew on me.......
BUT I have a lot more than just the handles done,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3197749

Stacy

Old 05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rebe1
Damn, that looks sweet! Was that interior ordered from factory, or customized via Eric?
Ordered from the factory this way BUT I am sure Eric could help you out!

Stacy

Old 05-14-2011, 04:36 PM
ravendog is infamous around these parts
Interesting that the leather version is cheaper:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997S_Leather