997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Silver Door Handle Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Silver Door Handle Trim

I really like the silver door handle trim in the link below, but I just can't bring myself to spend $500 on two plastic trim pieces. Is there a more cost effective alternative out there?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...y_Code=997silv

Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Eric @ bumperplugs.com has them for $349 a pair if that helps (in Alumalook or your choice of exterior or custom color). Quality workmanship and always a helpful guy (posts here often and is a forum sponsor IIRC).

Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Yup, saw those. I kinda like it in white too...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
At first I wasn't fond of the silver accents BUT with time it grew on me.......
BUT I have a lot more than just the handles done,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3197749

Stacy

Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Mine came with the aluminum-look door handles and rear-center console. While the price of these two options is exorbitant, they certainly add some color and life to an otherwise somewhat drab black interior.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah Stacy, you're the one to blame for this nonsense! After seeing your interior I realized what mine was lacking so I already got a few bits and pieces, but I just found the cost of those two trim items to be priced way too high. I think I will go with painted white which will match my center that was painted white from the factory.

Originally Posted by justatoy
At first I wasn't fond of the silver accents BUT with time it grew on me.......
BUT I have a lot more than just the handles done,

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3197749

Stacy

Old 05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I thought about doing something different there on my car, and then I read a DIY to put them on that someone wrote up - yikes...I could swing the $$$, but that was some serious surgery melting and re-melting plastic rivets....decided if/when what I have craps out, maybe I re-look at it...

Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Yeah Stacy, you're the one to blame for this nonsense! After seeing your interior I realized what mine was lacking so I already got a few bits and pieces, but I just found the cost of those two trim items to be priced way too high. I think I will go with painted white which will match my center that was painted white from the factory.
GLAD I could help!

It is a game with my Porsche friends to see who can instigate who in spending money(ask keninirvine)......so IF I was of help,I guess we are friends.....

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 05-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
The DIY w all the melting was courteous if Gundo.

If Stacy keeps 'helping', he's gonna instigate me into a divorce. Guess we'll be BFFs then according to his spending rules

Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster

If Stacy keeps 'helping', he's gonna instigate me into a divorce. Guess we'll be BFFs then according to his spending rules
AGAIN....glad I could help!....

Just J/K'ing....

Stacy

Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Well... I am now looking at the set of rims that you got there... and the blond. I will have to ease my fiance' into this one-two hit gently. First the blond, and then a knockout with the rims.

Originally Posted by justatoy
GLAD I could help!

It is a game with my Porsche friends to see who can instigate who in spending money(ask keninirvine)......so IF I was of help,I guess we are friends.....

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Are you referring to the DIY for this trim? Is it really that difficult?

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster

Old 05-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Well... I am now looking at the set of rims that you got there... and the blond. I will have to ease my fiance' into this one-two hit gently. First the blond, and then a knockout with the rims.
WELL....It looks like you got hit with the old 'One-two-three'...first the trim pieces second the wheels......and third....The blonde !

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-10-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Are you referring to the DIY for this trim? Is it really that difficult?
Indeed I am refering to This DIY by Gundo (where's he been BTW?).

Have not done myself to personally say if it's as difficult as it might appear at first blush. That being said, pulling a door panel is easier than it looks once you dig in. Plus, from the instructions Gundo posted, you'll be in good hands and I'm sure plug guy Eric will be just a phone call away if you need assistance along the way.

Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Silver Door Handle Trim