997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Revealed: Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Just happy they didn't come out with a Targa 4 GTS - I would be kicking myself. Love the setup on these things; looks amazing with tons of options thrown in as standard. One last kick at the can for the 997 before we have to say goodbye.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
I find it that you can barely fit all these letters on the deck lid. I used to want only the 911 designation on my deck even for a Turbo.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by llngoc
I find it that you can barely fit all these letters on the deck lid.
That's the one thing I'm not too hot about my GTS: how the model designation takes up the entire rear end. But I like having the traditional cursive 'Carrera' on the back and not going to remove or change it.

But think about the Cayenne Turbo S (there will be one) and Panamera Turbo S. Not only is more than half the alphabet included there, but there is also the 'PORSCHE' brand on top of it. That's a whole lot of branding on the back of a car. I had the 'Panamera S' removed when I bought mine...was just too busy.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
yup
I rebadged my 4S: 911
I don't like it too crowded

people can't seem to tell the difference between the different models though and I often get mistaken for a base carrera..
actually I was waiting for a friend outside of a lounge/restaurant
some snobby uptight starts gossiping with her friends of how my car is "not even a carrera, it is a 911.. pffft"
I was like *facepalm*

Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
I absolutely agree here. We have an "older" Cayenne and I like the clean look of the back so much better. Have the "P O R S C H E" lettering in the back is almost as redundant as some of the people who's driving a MBZ/BMW and got a license plate frame with "Mercedes" on it.

But I am sure Porsche did a lot of market research before adding all these extra letters.

Originally Posted by wjohnson36
That's the one thing I'm not too hot about my GTS: how the model designation takes up the entire rear end. But I like having the traditional cursive 'Carrera' on the back and not going to remove or change it.

But think about the Cayenne Turbo S (there will be one) and Panamera Turbo S. Not only is more than half the alphabet included there, but there is also the 'PORSCHE' brand on top of it. That's a whole lot of branding on the back of a car. I had the 'Panamera S' removed when I bought mine...was just too busy.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 PM
jumpinjohn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Comet
yup
I rebadged my 4S: 911
I don't like it too crowded

people can't seem to tell the difference between the different models though and I often get mistaken for a base carrera..
actually I was waiting for a friend outside of a lounge/restaurant
some snobby uptight starts gossiping with her friends of how my car is "not even a carrera, it is a 911.. pffft"
I was like *facepalm*
Hahaha! That is priceless!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:55 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
If they release a "4 GT3" I will lose all faith in Porsche...

Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
If they release a "4 GT3" I will lose all faith in Porsche...
Unless it's faster around a track than a 'normal' GT3???

Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Unless it's faster around a track than a 'normal' GT3???
It very well could be faster around the track, but so could a robot driving it...point is where do you draw the line between automation and driver skill. It is more challenging to drive a RWD than a AWD as it is more challenging to drive a 6-speed than PDK. To me this makes the car more fun and shows off the skill of the driver by giving control to him/her. The car should be a tool for the driver not the other way around.

Last edited by ntlgnt1; 05-13-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Wait! There comes a turbo black edition! Yup! You heard from me first. But wait, there's more. Introducing the all new 911 tt gts black edition. F$ck!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by llngoc
I absolutely agree here. We have an "older" Cayenne and I like the clean look of the back so much better. Have the "P O R S C H E" lettering in the back is almost as redundant as some of the people who's driving a MBZ/BMW and got a license plate frame with "Mercedes" on it.

But I am sure Porsche did a lot of market research before adding all these extra letters.
Seriously. There's a black 997.2 GT3 in my parking garage, the license plate says 911GT3

"face palm"

Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
" And pricing was announced: $110,200 for the Coupe, $120,100 for the Cabrio "

If the Euro price is 112,000, that makes the US price significantly less to the tune of 41% at the current exchange rate. How is that possible ?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dadio
" And pricing was announced: $110,200 for the Coupe, $120,100 for the Cabrio "

If the Euro price is 112,000, that makes the US price significantly less to the tune of 41% at the current exchange rate. How is that possible ?

Don't ask why but it cost more there than here. Go figure.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all

Don't ask why but it cost more there than here. Go figure.
Cars are cheapest in north America

4S in Beirut is 180,000$usd base for example
You guys have nothing to complain about

Old 05-14-2011, 04:05 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Comet
Cars are cheapest in north America

4S in Beirut is 180,000$usd base for example
You guys have nothing to complain about
Hey man, due to crazy import tax, the 4S cost about USD350K in Bangkok, Thailand

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revealed: Porsche Carrera 4 GTS