997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hollywood - here we ago again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 AM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
You are very observant - I didn't see that. For me, one of the funnier lines is when Wiig asks him to pull over and he whines, "but there's gravel on the side of the road" - my wife smiled knowingly at me.
Lol. My fiancé gave me the same look. We had a giggle, and I think we were the only 2 people in the theater who got that joke.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I had some D-bag key the back of mine a few weeks ago. I was parked in a well lit area, was out of my car for less than an hour. Some people just suck.[/QUOTE]

Woow sucks u didnt catch them. God help them if i ever caught someone do that to my car.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Been driving a Pacifica in NYC instead of my 997 (switched w/my bro for a few days). Huge difference. Less people cutting me off, less tailgaters, no kids in Fast n' Furious Civics trying to race. Much less stressful experience. Starting to wonder if its worth it.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lacrosse
LOL Good for you.

I had some D-bag key the back of mine a few weeks ago. I was parked in a well lit area, was out of my car for less than an hour. Some people just suck.
you either forget to worry of any exterior car damage when you leave it on public parking in NYC, Boston or any ther big metro with lots of *******s on a street or pay for a guarded parkings and leave car next to attendant. at least they did not jump on top of it so you have only paint to worry about.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Now you gotta worry about Challengers, Chargers, etc... lol!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
As long as there are D-Bag owners this will continue. This weekend, I saw some clown on La Cienega Blvd. (yes you) in a brand new white C4S weaving in and out of traffic driving like a complete fool. He almost clipped a pedestrian but was probably too wrapped up in his own ego to notice.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Originally Posted by sizquik
As long as there are D-Bag owners this will continue. This weekend, I saw some clown on La Cienega Blvd. (yes you) in a brand new white C4S weaving in and out of traffic driving like a complete fool. He almost clipped a pedestrian but was probably too wrapped up in his own ego to notice.
Definitely only P-cars owners do this. I see piles of **** that shouldn't be on public roads doing this. In fact, in TX the biggest offender of a-hole driving like that is large pick ups. People key cars out of spite and jealousy. Sometimes just to be a vandals.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Respectfully disagree. Reckless/stupid driving is hardly the exclusive domain of Porsche owners, and I don't think that's how we are perceived, generally speaking. While it doesn't help, I doubt someone who keys a car or threatens to throw a beer can or skateboard is acting out of anger over some prior reckless driving incident he/she experienced. I tend to believe they're acting out on some sort hatred of a stereotype (perceived or actual) of the owner, maybe envy and perhaps some misplaced anger with respect to who's to blame for where they are in life.

Originally Posted by sizquik

Old 05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Respectfully disagree. Reckless/stupid driving is hardly the exclusive domain of Porsche owners, and I don't think that's how we are perceived, generally speaking. While it doesn't help, I doubt someone who keys a car or threatens to throw a beer can or skateboard is acting out of anger over some prior reckless driving incident he/she experienced. I tend to believe they're acting out on some sort hatred of a stereotype (perceived or actual) of the owner, maybe envy and perhaps some misplaced anger with respect to who's to blame for where they are in life.
I don't disagree with you at all. All I can say is that there are many people out here who truly feel entitled and just do whatever the heck they want without taking the safety anyone else into consideration. The vast majority of the time I notice it's high end sports cars doing this. I have seen this many times.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM
bergx7 is infamous around these partsbergx7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan
Bridesmaids - pretty funny movie, pretty nice Carrera 4s cab - pretty much the biggest stereotype ******bag driving it .

I'm a nice guy, what's wrong with the rest of you?

It is really just the convertible owners... (*ducks for cover*)

jkjk!

Movies use all types of european machinery for the dbags to drive. The bad guys are usually in a position of power and wealth and the Porsche is just one of the better known aspirational vehicles.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Here I thought the vampire Alice driving a speed yellow Turbo in "Twilight: New Moon" was random. Shows up again for a cameo in Twilight: Eclipse. And yes, I was coerced into seeing both movies by my "Team Jacob loving" girlfriend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzo3...yer_detailpage

Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by surfah
Here I thought the vampire Alice driving a speed yellow Turbo in "Twilight: New Moon" was random. Shows up again for a cameo in Twilight: Eclipse. And yes, I was coerced into seeing both movies by my "Team Jacob loving" girlfriend
Now that was the highlight of that movie! Oh, I guess Team Jacob is better than Team Edward LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
I also have to disagree and as proof, the Porsche's insurance rate is actually relatively low compare to a lot of other cars. LOL. Our Cayenne and the now gone Boxster has lower liability and collision rate than my old Honda Accord and it's about the same as my older Odyssey minivan.

Before I ordered my TTS, I got a quote from my agent and I commented how low the rate is compared to some other cars. (mind you that the car costs 2-3x more than my other cars, so I was expecting at least 2x the rate) And his response was that most P-car drivers are responsible and mature drivers and also P-cars has lower than average accident and injury rate. Repairs are more expensive so the comprehensive and collison rate may be higher but the liability is actually lower.

I have been tailgated and cutoff on the freeway by Honda Civics and believe it or not, Prius (a female Prius driver with a Wharfton license plate frame almost hit me a while back on the freeway with very agressive behavior), and minivans a lot more times than a P-car. My theory is that a P-car driver has nothing to prove and he/she knows when to drive fast responsibly. (DE?) Also, if the ride is so enjoyable, why the rush??

Last edited by llngoc; 05-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Originally Posted by llngoc
I also have to disagree and as proof, the Porsche's insurance rate is actually relatively low compare to a lot of other cars. LOL. Our Cayenne and the now gone Boxster has lower liability and collision rate than my old Honda Accord and it's about the same as my older Odyssey minivan.

Before I ordered my TTS, I got a quote from my agent and I commented how low the rate is compared to some other cars. (mind you that the car costs 2-3x more than my other cars, so I was expecting at least 2x the rate) And his response was that most P-car drivers are responsible and mature drivers and also P-cars has lower than average accident and injury rate. Repairs are more expensive so the comprehensive and collison rate may be higher but the liability is actually lower.

I have been tailgated and cutoff on the freeway by Honda Civics and believe it or not, Prius (a female Prius driver with a Wharfton license plate frame almost hit me a while back on the freeway with very agressive behavior), and minivans a lot more times than a P-car. My theory is that a P-car driver has nothing to prove and he/she knows when to drive fast responsibly. (DE?) Also, if the ride is so enjoyable, why the rush??
Agreed. My rates on the $50K P-car is the same as a 2008 Toyota worth 16K.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
Been driving a Pacifica in NYC instead of my 997 (switched w/my bro for a few days). Huge difference. Less people cutting me off, less tailgaters, no kids in Fast n' Furious Civics trying to race. Much less stressful experience. Starting to wonder if its worth it.
Ask your brother if he sees similar behavior

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hollywood - here we ago again