997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C2 vs C4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:37 AM
NYCEnglish is infamous around these parts
C2 vs C4S

A couple of quick questions about the two...

1. I know the trunk space is smaller in the C4S, but in real life, is it noticeable?

2. Is there any difference in the back seat space between the two? I have two little ones that I'll be driving with on occasion.

Thanks everyone.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 AM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Yes, the smaller frunk space is noticeable tho neither are huge.

Rear seating is the same.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
The frunk is noticably smaller. you loose front to back depth. The awd frunk is still big enough to put a carryon roller in, and some soft duffles but you have to play more games if you want to get a collapsible spare in there. I'd say its several inches of depth that you give up.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
According to the Porsche 'Compare Models' function, you lose 1.05 sqft with the 4/4S. It goes from 4.76 to 3.71 sqft, about 25% of the total space.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM
DuuudeSweeet is infamous around these parts
With an eyeball comparison of my C4S to my partner's 2S (though not side by side) I think there is also less top-to-bottom space on the 4S. Makes sense considering the extra parts, etc.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
I think with 2 little ones, you may notice the smaller frunk even more, since you won't have the rear seats/parcel shelf available for storage with them in the back.

Also, you may like the added piece of mind with the all wheel drive since you plan on driving around with your children.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NYCEnglish

1. I know the trunk space is smaller in the C4S, but in real life, is it noticeable?

2. Is there any difference in the back seat space between the two? I have two little ones that I'll be driving with on occasion.

Thanks everyone.
No difference in backseat space that I noticed, though of course I can't get back there myself, being pretty big.

I think you won't notice the difference in trunk space if you need power to all four wheels for any significant part of the year. If you don't really need all four pulling, then you probably will notice for the entire year and you'll resent the unnecessary loss of that extra cubic foot.

Personally, I consider the balance is superb with rear-wheel drive and can't see anyone needing 4WD unless they drive in the worst parts of a Midwest winter. I've always used taxis in New York City and honestly never been there during a bad storm, but I can't imagine truly needing the 4WD in NYC. Ever.

On the other hand, a lot of people enjoy the handling difference and like 4WD. I would suggest to hell with needing it one way or the other. Drive both, and pick the one you enjoy more. The kids will fit until puberty in either one. Buy a roof rack if you really need the storage space. It's almost traditional with a 911 anyway.

Gary

Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 PM
onewinwon is infamous around these parts
I had a choice between a loaded c2s and a less option c4s. I chose the c4s for the wider hips. I also drive my kids around. The back seats are not too bad for a 7 and 9 y/o. I was in an exact dileama like you. Ultimately it was the wider looks. Good luck on your purchase.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
I've owned both. For what it's worth.... I never noticed the difference...

Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 PM
NYCEnglish is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone!
You're very welcome. Though honestly, I think a polite question to an important point will always get thoughtful answers.

G

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about

I can't really say since I've only had the C4. But to tell you the truth, I don't really catch myself thinking "Oh gee I wish I got the NB because I could have used the extra frunk space." I instead think more about how I'm glad I have the C4 when I go whipping around a corner in the rain (which it seems like it does all the time here... I mean the rain, not the car. Oh maybe I mean both ) You can fit groceries in there no problem - quite a bit of groceries. Probably not so much Home Depot stuff - though I did fit some stuff for smaller projects before (like a whole bunch of spa chemicals, paint, etc)

I don't think there's any difference. I fit my 9 and 10 year old back there no problem. They are kind of smaller kids though. There have been a couple booster seat threads in this forum - search for it.

HTH
Ron