997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear bumper rod touching muffler, problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
Rear bumper rod touching muffler, problem?

I just installed the fabspeed mufflers this morning. Want to know if there is a problem when the bumper support rods are tightly touching the mufflers on both sides. I bend the rods slightly to reinstall them but it doesn't have enough room or length to clean them completely. They are leaning against them tightly. Did I mount the mufflers incorrectly? Any solutions? Any comments?

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikli
I just installed the fabspeed mufflers this morning. Want to know if there is a problem when the bumper support rods are tightly touching the mufflers on both sides. I bend the rods slightly to reinstall them but it doesn't have enough room or length to clean them completely. They are leaning against them tightly. Did I mount the mufflers incorrectly? Any solutions? Any comments?

My AWE cans do the same thing...............no issues in 2 years

Old 05-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
It's common to bend those supports when installing aftermarket mufflers. Touching might give you some add'l vibration, but I doubt you'll notice it. I bent mine when I had the Fabspeed's on.
CATTMAN

Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
I'd flexed the rod in order to bolt it back in place. I'm not sure if re bending it will reach the oem spots. Is your rod touching your fabspeed cans now? Photo?

It doesn't seem to have any unwanted vibrating noise right now. So I'll wait and see as I put some mileage on it.