997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sports Driving School Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 PM
997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for sharing, this will surely be on my to do list.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
That track looks smooth, we don't have anything like that here. The video of you driving looks like you were moving your whole body while turning. I was going to tell you, you just have to turn the wheel not your whole body lol.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ynot
That track looks smooth, we don't have anything like that here. The video of you driving looks like you were moving your whole body while turning. I was going to tell you, you just have to turn the wheel not your whole body lol.
Yeah...good point, I need to focus on that....I was having hell of a time staying in my seat around the turns....I can see where racing seats will make that much better. Thanks for the tip

Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah...the right seats can help allot.

Another tip... try to place your hands back to the same position each time you remove them from the wheel.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
My father-in-law has done this a few times and I am looking into it as well. Looks like a great experience.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
I went a couple months back and it was awesome. They had a gt2rs there when I went. I was a little surprised they didn't do any timed events on the main track.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Sweet video what speeds do you guys average on that course?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
[quote=carrera997re;3213279]Sweet video what speeds do you guys average on that course?[/quote

yeah the resolution isn't good on the speed so its hard to tell on the speedometer. I think for that run on the front straightaway (my guess is 2 tenths of mile long) we hit 112 mph... When we did the hot laps with the instructors I think they hit around 125mph. Those guys just do the turns so much faster and enter the straights at so much higher speeds....its all about the turns.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Whoops sorry missed that

Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looks like fun, do you ever ride with the instructor or is it always solo with headsets? How much track time vs class time??

Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Nice looks like fun, do you ever ride with the instructor or is it always solo with headsets? How much track time vs class time??
Never enough time on the track If I remember, correctly we had about 4-6 (sorry about the range) times out on the track for about 20-30 minutes. Also, before every session we would have two laps with instructors in the minivan going over the track. Those where actually real good as we went got better on the track because we had good talking session about every turn. Then we got in our cars, both manual and PDK. We had classtime each morning for about 1 hour. The rest of the time we were doing skills....skidpad, autocross, heel and toe, etc. We also had an off road session with the Cayanne which was fun but really not my thing. The instructor did ride with us in the second session for a couple of laps and we also got to ride with him for an instruction lap. The finale was a hot lap with the instructor and that is when you realize you have a long way to go. I am trying to figure out when I can do a DE here and compare the experience but I will say I do plan on doing it again in Alabama.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lowpue
Never enough time on the track If I remember, correctly we had about 4-6 (sorry about the range) times out on the track for about 20-30 minutes. .

never enough track time
do you mean 4-6 laps for every 20-30 minutes class instruction?

ahh, 4 - 6 times during the day 20 - 30 minute each

Thank for the write up very informative! I might give this a shot this summer/fall, funny my we are planning college tours for my daughter this summer and every time I hear about a school I check for local tracks and DE events maybe squeeze in a few

Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime

ahh, 4 - 6 times during the day 20 - 30 minute each
yes but over two days....

Old 05-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah...the right seats can help allot.

Another tip... try to place your hands back to the same position each time you remove them from the wheel.
hey Buckwheat....thanks for the tip.....I was really struggling with sweaty hands....had the AC vents directed right at my hands....clearly I am going to need to get gloves. Do you guys have any recommendations on gloves...if I don't get the answer here, I may post as a separate thread.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:47 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lowpue
hey Buckwheat....thanks for the tip.....I was really struggling with sweaty hands....had the AC vents directed right at my hands....clearly I am going to need to get gloves. Do you guys have any recommendations on gloves...if I don't get the answer here, I may post as a separate thread.
LP,

sweaty hands can cause issues...I use gloves in the summer months and only have tried G Force gloves. They are pretty good IMO but there are better experts here than me to provide you info in this area.

keep us updated on future DE's....would like to build more interest here on this forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sports Driving School Video