997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sports Driving School Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lowpue
Never enough time on the track If I remember, correctly we had about 4-6 (sorry about the range) times out on the track for about 20-30 minutes. Also, before every session we would have two laps with instructors in the minivan going over the track. Those where actually real good as we went got better on the track because we had good talking session about every turn. Then we got in our cars, both manual and PDK. We had classtime each morning for about 1 hour. The rest of the time we were doing skills....skidpad, autocross, heel and toe, etc. We also had an off road session with the Cayanne which was fun but really not my thing. The instructor did ride with us in the second session for a couple of laps and we also got to ride with him for an instruction lap. The finale was a hot lap with the instructor and that is when you realize you have a long way to go. I am trying to figure out when I can do a DE here and compare the experience but I will say I do plan on doing it again in Alabama.
Great stuff! I've been looking into signing up. Did you ever have to ride with another student (like they sometimes do at the Audi Experience) -- or was it just you solo or with an instructor? Also, how much heel-toe instruction and practicing did you get? Could you choose to spend more time in a 6-Speed rather than PDK? Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I need to post my video! You never ride with anyone else in the car except a couple of laps with an instructor and then the hot laps when the instructor drives for one lap. If you want stick, you are mostly in 6 speed cars. There are PDK Cayman S's and PDK Carreras as well. It's amazing how much easier it is to focus on driving when you just pull a paddle instead of focusing on healing and toeing. There is a whole instructional session on heal and toe, but an hour is only the tip of the iceberg in that regard. Be practiced from the street before you get there. It is a great time.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ryem3
I need to post my video! You never ride with anyone else in the car except a couple of laps with an instructor and then the hot laps when the instructor drives for one lap. If you want stick, you are mostly in 6 speed cars. There are PDK Cayman S's and PDK Carreras as well. It's amazing how much easier it is to focus on driving when you just pull a paddle instead of focusing on healing and toeing. There is a whole instructional session on heal and toe, but an hour is only the tip of the iceberg in that regard. Be practiced from the street before you get there. It is a great time.
Thanks. I realize that PDK will be easier and faster, but I'd want the experience to translate to my own car (6 speed) as much as possible. Sounds like a blast.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:42 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Thanks. I realize that PDK will be easier and faster, but I'd want the experience to translate to my own car (6 speed) as much as possible. Sounds like a blast.
Yes, as mentioned there was heel and toe instruction, but I wish I could have practiced more before going on the track so I stuck with PDK only because that is what my car is. However, I am now looking to get another car just for tracking and will go with 6 manual so I can practice heel and toe. You pretty much get to choose the car you want. If you have manual, what I would do is take a local DS to learn heel and toe and practice before you go to PSDS. That way you can focus on the wonderful track rather than your shifting. JMO.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
So, anyone have plans for the Masters in the relative near future? My wife bought me a gift certificate for Father's Day towards the Masters course which I have to use in the next year.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
So, anyone have plans for the Masters in the relative near future? My wife bought me a gift certificate for Father's Day towards the Masters course which I have to use in the next year.
Wow -- that's certainly a very nice Father's Day gift!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Wow -- that's certainly a very nice Father's Day gift!
Certainly was!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:30 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bonehead
Yes...Plp39503 and I plan on doing the Masters within the next year. Haven't really discussed when yet but maybe in the Winter. It would be great to coordinate something on this forum.