997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sports Driving School Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Porsche Sports Driving School Video

Finally got arround to creating a clip of a lap at PSDS. It was a great time I had with my friend Plp39503 (who i reconnected with in this forum). This video is of me following the instructor. I highly recommend the performance class and now plan on doing the Masters with Plp39503. You'll note I was driving a PDK (which is what I have). In some earlier laps, I tried to shift myself but in the end decided the Transmission was so much smarter then me. On the plus side, at least we lapped one group. Finally, as you view the video....take a look at the track....it is downright beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgG1FAkE7ng

Old 05-22-2011, 10:51 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Nice video. The track looks fantastic. What kind of camera did you use, and how was it mounted?
Thanks for sharing. I think I'll have to take that class some time.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Plp39503 has a spectacular aura aboutPlp39503 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lowpue
Finally got arround to creating a clip of a lap at PSDS. It was a great time I had with my friend Plp39503 (who i reconnected with in this forum). This video is of me following the instructor. I highly recommend the performance class and now plan on doing the Masters with Plp39503. You'll note I was driving a PDK (which is what I have). In some earlier laps, I tried to shift myself but in the end decided the Transmission was so much smarter then me. On the plus side, at least we lapped one group. Finally, as you view the video....take a look at the track....it is downright beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgG1FAkE7ng
Needless to say, I was limited by lowpue's speed since I was behind him on this pace line.... LMAO

Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Nice video. The track looks fantastic. What kind of camera did you use, and how was it mounted?
Thanks for sharing. I think I'll have to take that class some time.
The camera out the front is behind the morror and the video of me driving is mounted on the passenger window with the whole setup provided by Porsche. They record everything to a memory stick on the last track session and give it to you. They also collect all the data for analysis as well. Haven't had the time to do analyze yet. The whole thing is well organized and I highly recommend.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Plp39503
Needless to say, I was limited by lowpue's speed since I was behind him on this pace line.... LMAO
LOL...in your dreams...I may just post the video of the laps I was following you and let this forum be the judge

Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Lol!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Very cool! I did some DEs and Club races there. Great track! I need to get back there sometime...

Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 AM
e90steve is infamous around these parts
For any ATL people, I've heard that the new headquarters south of the Airport will also include a track that will be available to the public as well. Don't know if it's old news, but i have a brochure that discusses the logistics of it, I should really post it up.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jack667
Very cool! I did some DEs and Club races there. Great track! I need to get back there sometime...
You guys in Atlanta are lucky to be so close

Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
amazing!

can't wait to do it myself!

Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
In all honesty, being able to attend with a good buddy like lowpue made a great experience just awesome. Looking forward to DS/DE events between now and the Masters class!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Lowpue - can you post the brand for the data acquisition system? I'm on a plane with just my PDA...it's a data acquisition/analysis software combo. Pretty basic but effective. It was cool to be able to correlate a particular spot on the track to speed, rpm's, gear and weight balance.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 PM
In all honesty, being able to attend with a good buddy like lowpue made a great experience just awesome. Looking forward to DS/DE events between now and the Masters class!
Yes...no question about it...doing PSDS with friends adds to the experience. Looking forward to doing masters with Plp39503

Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Lowpue - can you post the brand for the data acquisition system? I'm on a plane with just my PDA...it's a data acquisition/analysis software combo. Pretty basic but effective. It was cool to be able to correlate a particular spot on the track to speed, rpm's, gear and weight balance.
Race-Keeper Compare
Driver Development Software

Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
What a beautiful track! Now I need to convince a handful of Hawaii guys to go up there for a lesson or two!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sports Driving School Video