997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Car wash question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cutters68
All due respect sir, you seem to have some issues. I am new here and from the looks of it you are too. It was clear to me that he wasn't commenting on your post. Even if he was talking to you it was just his opinion. Maybe you should have just let it go. This forum doesn't need comments such as yours even if apologies follow. Count to 3 before you start to post a comment next time your think your being attacked. Its all good....relax.
Point taken and I agree to some degree. My original post was to help this guy figure out a quick wash for his car. ONR.

The other guy, who seems to be the typical middle aged Porsche driver that has the 100 hp model spouts off with no quotes. I get along with 99% of the people on this board but maybe I need to focus on the modded posts and stay away from the guy that just focuses on washing his car and not driving it. Believe me, I am sorry I posted the initial response.

ONR is great by the way, you should give it a try

Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btapp
Point taken and I agree to some degree. My original post was to help this guy figure out a quick wash for his car. ONR.

The other guy, who seems to be the typical middle aged Porsche driver that has the 100 hp model spouts off with no quotes. I get along with 99% of the people on this board but maybe I need to focus on the modded posts and stay away from the guy that just focuses on washing his car and not driving it. Believe me, I am sorry I posted the initial response.

ONR is great by the way, you should give it a try
Originally Posted by btapp
Why not just let it go? I apologized and you continue to make an issue out of it. Sometimes I wonder why I drive a Porsche with ***** like you making up the majority.. You can highlight that and put balloons around it if you want.
it's obvious u don't think before u speak.. and u certainly don't know when to STFU. i'm done with u now.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
it's obvious u don't think before u speak.. and u certainly don't know when to STFU. i'm done with u now.
Probably a wise decision.. Enjoy your cruises in your convertible.. I'm sure I will not see you at any track events soon.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Jimmyz is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
I'd say you need to swallow some of your own spew there CC...with a comment like your last, maybe you should STFU eh? How bout them apples!!??

Last edited by Jimmyz; 05-24-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed

Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Not to make the mistake of trying to get this thread back on the ONR topic and away from all the venom, but could someone provide a brief summary of the best way to use ONR? I have a bottle, haven't really cracked into it yet, but would like to for the sake of doing a quick wash from time to time rather than the full monty. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bwiele; 05-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by bwiele
Not to make the mistake of trying to get this thread back on the ONR topic and away from all the venom, but could someone provide a brief summary of the best way to use ONR? I have a bottle, haven't really cracked into it yet, but could like to for the sake of doing a quick wash from time to time. Thanks in advance.
I have it and like it - I simply put the ONR into a clean bucket of fresh water (as instructed), use a clear microfiber - dunk it in there - wash a panel thoroughly - then dry with a separate set of dry MF towels.

I just make absolutely sure the area I'm drying is completely clean of any dirt or grit - it works great but admittedly - sometimes it makes me a little nervous.

So @%&$ OFF!!!! (KIDDING - hahah) ... yeah everyone settle down.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by bwiele
Not to make the mistake of trying to get this thread back on the ONR topic and away from all the venom, but could someone provide a brief summary of the best way to use ONR? I have a bottle, haven't really cracked into it yet, but could like to for the sake of doing a quick wash from time to time. Thanks in advance.
yeah man.. I think that is where it should stay.. Here is the way I use it. As mentioned it isn't a miracle product but it works really good especially on soft paint such as my GT-R.

I pour the recommended amount into a bucket with a grit guard. I have a second bucket with grit guard with just water in it. I typically use a sheep skin mitt to wash. If there is any debris on the car before you start (i.e. not a garage queen) I take a sprayer and pre-soak the panel first using a similiar concentration of ONR to what is in my wash bucket. This loosens up the debris and hopefully provides some insurance against marring. Dip your mitt into the ONR and ring out most of the solution. Wipe the panel top to bottom then dry with a microfiber towel. If you are seeing any dirt on your drying towel you need to make another pass with the ONR solution. I actually use Aquawax as a lubricant and to add some additional protection during the process.
Now for the wheels--I typically work on my wheels last so I can use the leftover solution without having to mix a new batch. The cool part about ONR is that you can use your favorite wheel cleaner, in my case Sonax, and still use no hose. I spray the wheel cleaner on the wheel, aggitate with my various brushes then rinse with another pass with a wheel cleaning brush and/or a few blasts from the bug sprayer that I used to pre-soak.

Hope this helps..

Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
everyone needs to relax a bit here. It sounds like everyone is actually on the same page. Some very useful info can come out of this thread and it would be a shame to lock it

Old 05-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
everyone needs to relax a bit here. It sounds like everyone is actually on the same page. Some very useful info can come out of this thread and it would be a shame to lock it
Agreed.. Sorry I was the main cause for all of this. The above guy just got on my nerves.

I have washed the paint off of many cars so hopefully I can add some value on the subject of ONR. I never would use a product that could potentially scratch my cars. I think most areas of the country are affected by water restrictions so this may be the wave of the future.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:12 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Does this stuff remove those water spots i see on my cAr after i dry it or thats a whole nother topic of waxing/compouding?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
You asked because you know the answer already.
THis was the most insightful statement in this thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Does this stuff remove those water spots i see on my cAr after i dry it or thats a whole nother topic of waxing/compouding?
It does a pretty good job on water spots. I would say you are talking about another topic depending on how severe they are. I typically have to clay, polish and seal to get rid of them when they are bad on my multiple black and dark colored cars. I have heard vinegar and water works but I haven't been brave enough to try that on my finish.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by carrera997re
It does a pretty good job on water spots. I would say you are talking about another topic depending on how severe they are. I typically have to clay, polish and seal to get rid of them when they are bad on my multiple black and dark colored cars. I have heard vinegar and water works but I haven't been brave enough to try that on my finish.
Yikes dont think i can brave vinegar on my ride either

Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I wash my cars by hand . I do a fairly good job but not even close to the level of the detailer I bring them to once a year . He actually makes it look better than when it left the showroom .

I found this video .. it sounds like there are those who go above and beyond to make their cars perfect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car wash question