997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I feel bad for Lucky... everytime we hang out I am completely trashed and all I do is talk about cars. I hate Vegas... lol

Lucky: We should get our girls together and just do a movie night or something (not at my house!)...

Originally Posted by luckyp10
I've seen DirtyVegas's lights first hand. They look 100% OEM. Awesome!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
Just ordered mine today from Frank at OT via email/paypal. $608 at today's exchanges rate. He's expecting a new shipment July 1st. Can't wait to make the swap!

Old 06-22-2011, 01:14 PM
drifter12 is infamous around these parts
Contacted Frank and I'm in for the 7/1 shipment also. DirtyVegas- thanks again!

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is a really nice YouTube video direct from Dectane (in German, but its very much a show and tell anyway so you don't need to know what he's saying) on installation and before after views:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-1S7engq4&NR=1

Looking forward to receiving mine shortly after independence day

Last edited by drifter12; 06-22-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
That video is very well done and quite helpful (even if you don't speak German). When installing it would be a good opportunity to clean up the metal behind the lenses and throw on a coat of wax.
Originally Posted by drifter12
Contacted Frank and I'm in for the 7/1 shipment also. DirtyVegas- thanks again!

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is a really nice YouTube video direct from Dectane on installation and before after views:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK-1S7engq4&NR=1

Looking forward to receiving mine shortly after independence day

Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
luckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud ofluckyp10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I feel bad for Lucky... everytime we hang out I am completely trashed and all I do is talk about cars. I hate Vegas... lol

Lucky: We should get our girls together and just do a movie night or something (not at my house!)...
Lol, Its alright bro, I always enjoy myself. We definitely need to all get together once I find a girl. I have regulars but no one that I would want to bring out if you know what I mean.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by luckyp10
Lol, Its alright bro, I always enjoy myself. We definitely need to all get together once I find a girl. I have regulars but no one that I would want to bring out if you know what I mean.
LOL...... No please explain!!

Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boatsonthebrain
That video is very well done and quite helpful (even if you don't speak German). When installing it would be a good opportunity to clean up the metal behind the lenses and throw on a coat of wax.
He skipped the step about swapping the brackets...but then you wouldn't be able to install without.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Got mine today!!!!

Here it is, all boxed up

Nicely wrapped

All wrapped up

Unwrapped and ready to install

Good-bye old OEM taillights

Hello new LED tails on the left

Both installed

Final product

Have to say it was a pretty quick and easy installation. I am impressed with the product, looks very OEM. Looks so much better than stock.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
Final product

Have to say it was a pretty quick and easy installation. I am impressed with the product, looks very OEM. Looks so much better than stock.
Nice !

damn.. u guys are making it hard for me to resist this mod..

Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Nice !

What are you waiting for, it actually looks nicer when the LED lights up, when you step on it or maybe I'll use the hazard button more often.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 PM
mihink is infamous around these parts
@Ynot: Where did you get that diffuser? How much?

Car looks mean and nasty with the LED tails

My vote for the best EVER thread on 997 6speed forum

Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Cutters68 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
He skipped the step about swapping the brackets...but then you wouldn't be able to install without.
Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think you need to swap the brackets. You unscrew the center screw which connects the bracket to the lamp leaving the bracket in place. It's hard to believe that one screw holds the entire lamp in place, but after everything I have seen and read its only one screw. The clear side markers were a snap to install and I think these LED taillights will even be easier. I'm anxiously awaiting my set.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Nice !

There is no reason NOT to have this mod. I think this might be one of the coolest mods i've seen for the 997 in a long time. The price is great, they look OEM, and it updates your car! If I didn't do the entire 997.2 rear conversion and this came out a year ago I would have been one of the first to order it. Great find you guys!

Look how similar it looks to my OEM 997.2 tails. The only difference is the light pattern when lit up, whereas these light up the entire loop and the OEM is just a C-shape like an Aston Martin.

Last edited by v35; 06-22-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cutters68
Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think you need to swap the brackets. You unscrew the center screw which connects the bracket to the lamp leaving the bracket in place. It's hard to believe that one screw holds the entire lamp in place, but after everything I have seen and read its only one screw. The clear side markers were a snap to install and I think these LED taillights will even be easier. I'm anxiously awaiting my set.
You do need to swap the brackets, you need to remove the top and bottom (t25 torx screw) to take out the light. The bracket is a regular phillip screw. It's one screw you need to remove, you have to re-used the brackets for the new lights. It's an easy and really quick job.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by v35
The only difference is the light pattern when lit up, whereas these light up the entire loop and the OEM is just a C-shape like an Aston Martin.
If you look closely at the LEDs, the SMD LEDs used in the OEM lights are different than the LEDs used in the Dectane lights, which give the OEM lights a more connected look, rather than separate dots that light up in line.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane