997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sizquik
The tails look great >but<
Silly question. What is blocking your exhaust? is it an illustion or are there some sort of flaps in there.or?
No you are not seeing things, it's a flap. Keeps the exhaust quiet until you open it up at ~3500RPM and higher. I think it opens when you press the 'sport' button, I am not sure (always the driver, so can't see), it just sounds that way cause in sports mode, it's always loud.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
just pulled the trigger with Frank @ Orange Tuning.

with the exch rate today.. $599.13.

Since everyone is raving how fantastic this looks..i couldn't resist anymore.

Worse case scenario.. I can re-sell it to Stacy

Old 06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
LOL....knowing Stacy, he might just make his own version

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

Old 06-25-2011, 09:02 PM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
just pulled the trigger with Frank @ Orange Tuning.

with the exch rate today.. $599.13.

Since everyone is raving how fantastic this looks..i couldn't resist anymore.

Hey guys,
last Tuesday, I just bought 2006 c4S and I'm loving it!!!
I've been reading this thread but couldn't get the right info to pull the trigger.
can you please let me know where and how to buy this?
thanks!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
No you are not seeing things, it's a flap. Keeps the exhaust quiet until you open it up at ~3500RPM and higher. I think it opens when you press the 'sport' button, I am not sure (always the driver, so can't see), it just sounds that way cause in sports mode, it's always loud
Uh.. no.. The real deal is the “dual” exhaust is a fake.. Only one of the twin tips actually has exhaust exiting from it. It is simply a fake “dual” exhaust. The "flap" for the sport exhaust is inside the muffler (where the sound of the exhaust is managed). Think about this, how the heck could a "flap" at the exhaust “tip” possibly change the sound of the exhaust? Doesn’t make sense right...it is post muffler….

Matt

Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Uh.. no.. The real deal is the “dual” exhaust is a fake.. Only one of the twin tips actually has exhaust exiting from it. It is simply a fake “dual” exhaust. The "flap" for the sport exhaust is inside the muffler (where the sound of the exhaust is managed). Think about this, how the heck could a "flap" at the exhaust “tip” possibly change the sound of the exhaust? Doesn’t make sense right...it is post muffler….

Matt
The TPC turbo exhaust only has one pipe out with a tip welded to it to make it look dual, here's a view from the bottom:

Old 06-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)

Matt
I've actually thought about it, makes more sense now.

Originally Posted by v35
The TPC turbo exhaust only has one pipe out with a tip welded to it to make it look dual, here's a view from the bottom:
That answers it.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:35 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drive2006c4s
Hey guys,
last Tuesday, I just bought 2006 c4S and I'm loving it!!!
I've been reading this thread but couldn't get the right info to pull the trigger.
can you please let me know where and how to buy this?
thanks!
see below..

Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
info@orange-tuning.de and address it to him. All the emails I've received from him have come from this address.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 PM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
thanks for the reply. I did send couple of email but didn't hear from them yet. hmmm...

Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
subscribing

Old 06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Marco997TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
Berk, did you install the extra resistor boxes (?) that came with the lights. Thanks!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Marco, no I did not and they seem to be working just fine for the last week and a half with about 20 starts.....knock on wood.

Originally Posted by Marco997TT
Berk, did you install the extra resistor boxes (?) that came with the lights. Thanks!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Hey Marco, no I did not and they seem to be working just fine for the last week and a half with about 20 starts.....knock on wood.

bout time u change u avatar.... LOL SWEET ride

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Was a bit bored tonight so I took some pictures of the LED tails, just can't capture how nice they really are in reality.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM
mihink is infamous around these parts
^ Couldn't agree more. Love these lights..my car looks so modern now.

To all the members on the fence: ORDER IT..you won't regret!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane