997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM
CanuckC4S has a spectacular aura aboutCanuckC4S has a spectacular aura about
Finally!

Well my lights finally arrived last Friday after 30 days, no thanks to Canada Post and their strike and Canadian Customs and their inspections . And for the final kick in the nuts I got taxed $103.73 , I expected some charges. Ahhhh the light at the end of the tunnel the packaging was great and the lights are awesome and are of great quality. The lights are exactly what I expected based on everyone else’s comments but the taxes and duties were a **** off (still ended up cheaper than getting them in North America). Canadian buyers consider yourself warned. I can’t wait to get my car back so I can install them asap. Will keep you posted!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CanuckC4S
Well my lights finally arrived last Friday after 30 days, no thanks to Canada Post and their strike and Canadian Customs and their inspections . And for the final kick in the nuts I got taxed $103.73 , I expected some charges. Ahhhh the light at the end of the tunnel the packaging was great and the lights are awesome and are of great quality. The lights are exactly what I expected based on everyone else’s comments but the taxes and duties were a **** off (still ended up cheaper than getting them in North America). Canadian buyers consider yourself warned. I can’t wait to get my car back so I can install them asap. Will keep you posted!
Wow what a crock of s**t. Thirty day delay and then 100 bucks.

Of course it's hindsight but the next time have those type of items shipped to a friend, buddy, pal, relative, etc. just south of the border and pick them up.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:54 AM
kemkc is infamous around these parts
Wheels

Originally Posted by floridaBMW
Heres a link fr the turbo section where it's being discussed. I am seriously considering them, def have an OE look. Seems there are good reviews fr 911uk.com. Apparently Dectane was not shipping to the US and I am unsure whether it's been cleared up yet.

http://https://www.6speedonline.com/...97-1-leds.html

Ken
Hey mate, what wheels do you have on your 997 Turbo? they look great!

Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM
RGC
RGC is infamous around these partsRGC is infamous around these parts
Does anyone happen to have the smoked version? Really need to see actual pics in real application to verify the tint..........

Old 07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Question on what to expect for shipment:
How did it work for you guys? You inquire via e-mail, decide to buy, get a PayPal payment request, send the money, then what?
I did all that, and sent a note to Frank that I processed the payment and I got a note back saying ~ 'thanks', but not specifically stating that they got the payment. I assume they did as PayPal says it went through. Anyway, that was Sunday (7/17/11) and I haven't heard anything yet, here on Friday afternoon. I sent a note a few hours ago asking for status and I immediately got an auto-response:

"Dear customers, we are on holidays from 18.7-29.7.2011. In this time we can't ship any goods or answer enquirys. After our holidays we will ship all orders."

I'm just wondering what to expect, and figure that there's a good chance I won't hear anything until next Friday or so. Let me know if you've got any insight.

I've read so many great things about Frank and his service/responsiveness that I'm a little surprised that I've been caught in this funk, and that the first I heard about a possible 2 week delay in shipment was through an auto-response e-mail, but I don't want to be too quick to judge - maybe they're already on the way...

Old 07-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jack667
How did it work for you guys? You inquire via e-mail, decide to buy, get a PayPal payment request, send the money, then what?
I did all that, and sent a note to Frank that I processed the payment and I got a note back saying ~ 'thanks', but not specifically stating that they got the payment. I assume they did as PayPal says it went through. Anyway, that was Sunday (7/17/11) and I haven't heard anything yet, here on Friday afternoon. I sent a note a few hours ago asking for status and I immediately got an auto-response:

"Dear customers, we are on holidays from 18.7-29.7.2011. In this time we can't ship any goods or answer enquirys. After our holidays we will ship all orders."

I'm just wondering what to expect, and figure that there's a good chance I won't hear anything until next Friday or so. Let me know if you've got any insight.

I've read so many great things about Frank and his service/responsiveness that I'm a little surprised that I've been caught in this funk, and that the first I heard about a possible 2 week delay in shipment was through an auto-response e-mail, but I don't want to be too quick to judge - maybe they're already on the way...
It seems like most have had a positive experience with Frank/OT. The process for me has gone less than smoothly. My order via email and payment via PayPal was fine, all in mid-late June when I knew the lights were back ordered for a couple of weeks. I was provided with a DHL tracking number on June 25th and the DHL website showed my lights were being 'shipped to the destination country' on June 27th. Well, it's July 22nd, the website hasn't been updated, and I don't have my lights. I've emailed with DHL, they don't know where the package is, and they've provided me with a USPS tracking number which shows the lights were ready to ship on June 27th, but that's the last entry. It was recommended to me by DHL to start an 'investigation' with the shipper (Orange Tuning). It took several emails to Frank before he responded saying that, yes, it looks like the package was lost and he'd look into it. That was just before he went on vacation. I'm pretty sure OT may have been a little overwhelmed with the demand for these lights and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that sometimes packages get lost but, dang it, I want my lights! Hopefully this will get sorted out quickly once vacation is over...

Old 07-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !

Do you have Paypal attached to your Credit Card or bank account? If bank account and then seller sometimes wait until the check clears before shipping the product. That takes 3-4 days. Frank is pretty prompt, he should had sent you an email if he shipped it and a tracking number shortly after. If he didn't then it's probably not shipped yet.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ynot
Do you have Paypal attached to your Credit Card or bank account? If bank account and then seller sometimes wait until the check clears before shipping the product. That takes 3-4 days. Frank is pretty prompt, he should had sent you an email if he shipped it and a tracking number shortly after. If he didn't then it's probably not shipped yet.
OK - good to know.

I had PayPal money in my account, after I sold a PCM unit to another 6-speeder. That transaction was still fresh when I sent that money (from my PayPal balance) to OT. At this point, I'm assuming this order didn't get through before the vaca, since I didn't get that note that you reference -
Thanks

Old 07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
paddyh is infamous around these parts
+1 for Frank's responsiveness. Much of my German staff is on vacation too, so suggest hang in there. Frank will likely jump on it as soon as he is back.

Last edited by paddyh; 07-22-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Frank is BACK!!!

You guys got me all excited about this LED but when it was my time to pull the trigger Frank was on vacation! Anyways he is back and my lights are coming in 10 days. Price came out to $609 with the conversion. I hope I like it as much as everyone.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm still waiting for mine (been about 16 days), but Frank was on vaca for part of that time. He was helpful and set me tracking info, which hasn't changed since 7/21/11: "The shipment is being transported to the destination country" 60%

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they come soon...

Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I think you will .

Originally Posted by 911bobby
I hope I like it as much as everyone.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:33 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Just hang in there. The wait is worth it.

I'm still waiting for mine (been about 16 days), but Frank was on vaca for part of that time. He was helpful and set me tracking info, which hasn't changed since 7/21/11: "The shipment is being transported to the destination country" 60%

Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
RGC
RGC is infamous around these partsRGC is infamous around these parts
Mine are on the way as well......time to sell my OEM tinted lights.......

Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice

Do you see the UPU code in the DHL tracking? It should be right at the top... DHL transfers to USPS when it gets to the states. So take that UPU code to the USPS tracking site and enter it in and you'll have a updated status. Most likely it's in customs, but that will at least give you some more info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane