997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:15 PM
coco0045 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Take a look at the beginning of this thread, and you will find that most, if not all of us bought the Dectane from Orange Tuning in Germany for ~ $600 shipped. Cheaper than Rottec and much cheaper than carlightpro.

Thank you! I just email Frank and waiting for reply. This thread is sooo long I must have skipped through it.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
irishfan1985 is infamous around these parts
how many weeks did that take from time or order?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Ahh man, Red/Crystal version is out of stock until the end of Sept. (according to Frank at orange tuning). Does anyone know how the red/smoke look like? Any pics? I'm tempted to order with carlightpro since they have the red/crystal in stock but at $300 more. I also like the fact that I keep business domestically and should these lights have problems, carlightpro would be easier to contact and obtain warranty on. But man, $300 more is making this decision hard! However, Frank at OT has the red/smoke and smoke in stock. What do you guys think about the red/smoke version? My current 997.1 tail light is smoke lightly in the red area and clear in the white area.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by coco0045
Ahh man, Red/Crystal version is out of stock until the end of Sept. (according to Frank at orange tuning). Does anyone know how the red/smoke look like? Any pics? I'm tempted to order with carlightpro since they have the red/crystal in stock but at $300 more.
don't do it !

waiting one month is not too bad..

it's not about the $300.. its the principle.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
don't do it ! waiting one month is not too bad..it's not about the $300.. its the principle.
From my conversion with carlightpro's owner, he stated that he is not marking them up and the price he is selling them is at retail (including import taxes, etc). He swears that he is not doing this on purpose otherwise he would gladly lower them to get more business from 6speed (I asked him to match price). He also stated that OT is selling them at wholesale price and that Dectane is looking into the matter... Now, more importantly, anybody ordered the red/smoke light? The owner at CLP suggested that they didn't look good and I should stay away. What do you guys think?

Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Go Orange Tuning. If it was $100 difference then fine, but $300 over is gouging!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Clay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not much for modifications but these tail lights look damn good! I looked up the price on the Orange Tuning website and it says the lights are 366.66£ a pair. Does that translate to 526.447 in US dollars?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I would hate for a local vendor to make things difficult for OT as they have been great to us.

I remember when I made the first post! Glad to see that OT is still coming through with a good price and service. I hope it doesn't change for the forum members here.

From my conversion with carlightpro's owner, he stated that he is not marking them up and the price he is selling them is at retail (including import taxes, etc). He swears that he is not doing this on purpose otherwise he would gladly lower them to get more business from 6speed (I asked him to match price). He also stated that OT is selling them at wholesale price and that Dectane is looking into the matter... Now, more importantly, anybody ordered the red/smoke light? The owner at CLP suggested that they didn't look good and I should stay away. What do you guys think?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
I would hate for a local vendor to make things difficult for OT as they have been great to us.

I remember when I made the first post! Glad to see that OT is still coming through with a good price and service. I hope it doesn't change for the forum members here.
Yeah, I hope not. It kinda suck since Frank said that he wouldn't have the red/crystal until the end of Sept. I wonder why so long of a wait. Maybe Dectane is involved?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Yeah, I hope not. It kinda suck since Frank said that he wouldn't have the red/crystal until the end of Sept. I wonder why so long of a wait. Maybe Dectane is involved?
DEPO can't make these lights fast enough... It does not have to do with Dectane limiting what Orange can do. They are out of stock every where and DEPO is in the process of making more. I can also say that I have dealt with Dectane directly on a wholesale basis and they never said these lights had to be sold for a certain price. It's my understanding that it's up to the vendor to set pricing and not Dectane. At least that was my agreement. Also, a US company is about to start importing these directly from DEPO and will have exclusive rights for distribution in the US, just as Dectane does in the EU. I'm told once this happens Dectane and OT will no longer be able to sell them here. But I don't know exactly how that would work out...

Old 08-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
These lights are too pretty to smoke, IMHO.
Smoke 996 lights or OEM 997.1s, but the Dectane and .2 OEM LED lights are like jewels.

On a side note, I didn't like the look of my OEM 997.1 lights from far away, but they are/were super-nice up close...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Just got mine delivered!!! Frank is on the ball!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 AM
911X is infamous around these parts
ok everyone ...

here are the smoked type.. just got them yesterday .. took less than a week to arrive , thanks to Frank

the pictures might not be soo clear coz i took them with my iphone ... i will upload high quality pictures later ....

feel free to comment and tell me what do u all think

Attached Images    

Last edited by 911X; 08-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
more pictures

Attached Images      
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM
some more

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane