997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
One reported failure doesn't make a pattern. I've had mine installed since May and no problems.

The issue is not with the lights. They are very nice... when they work.

The issue is that I got a bad set. So what now??

As a small business owner my self.. Customer service is always my biggest priority. If there is anything wrong, I exchange it and take it up with the manufacture. Sometimes I have to eat the cost... but that's the cost of doing business.

I personally like Frank... up to this point at least. He was very quick to respond to all of my questions and made the purchase very easy.

It's now been over 1 week since my first e-mail and I have not received a single response. May be he is busy... Well, not busy enough to make other sales.

So what should we do now? Should I pretend this was a bad hand at blackjack and order another set? Or do we try to keep him honest, as this can happen to someone else. I am not looking for a handout, I know it cost money to ship these things. I just need a resolution... a simple response to an e-mail would be a great start.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I've had my lights in for a few months now. No issues what so ever; all LED's ignite, rear fog (left light) works fine, no error messages, etc.

If I'm reading this thread correctly we've had one (1) failure (LED doesn't ignite) and a few error message display situations.

Frank of Orange Tuning, from what I've experienced, is a standup guy and I'm sure will sort out the issues or problems.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
louie007 is infamous around these parts
yes i agree with you 100% , but from reading other post and my experience with him so far i would tend to beleive maybe hes not getting your email , have you tryed calling the number on the website just a thought , good luck

Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sc170

The issue is not with the lights. They are very nice... when they work.

The issue is that I got a bad set. So what now??

As a small business owner my self.. Customer service is always my biggest priority. If there is anything wrong, I exchange it and take it up with the manufacture. Sometimes I have to eat the cost... but that's the cost of doing business.

I personally like Frank... up to this point at least. He was very quick to respond to all of my questions and made the purchase very easy.

It's now been over 1 week since my first e-mail and I have not received a single response. May be he is busy... Well, not busy enough to make other sales.

So what should we do now? Should I pretend this was a bad hand at blackjack and order another set? Or do we try to keep him honest, as this can happen to someone else. I am not looking for a handout, I know it cost money to ship these things. I just need a resolution... a simple response to an e-mail would be a great start.
I agree with you - my response was directed to the poster who reported that this failure cooled his enthusiasm for these as he waits to see if there is a pattern of failures. Unfortunately for you, your issue is the only one I've seen reported, hence my statement "not a pattern". I would expect nothing less than a replacement set from Frank - time zones and distance are making this more difficult.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I am sending my e-mails to: info@orange-tuning.de

What e-mail address do you guys use?

Old 09-22-2011, 02:57 PM
louie007 is infamous around these parts
yes thats where i been sending the emails to

Old 09-22-2011, 03:04 PM
coco0045 is infamous around these parts
I am sending my e-mails to: info@orange-tuning.de

What e-mail address do you guys use?
Have you tried sending it from a different computer or email account? Worth a try.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Ordered mine. They'll be here in 7 business days! Can't wait!

Old 09-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
Frank tells me that there are about 29 units available in red/crystal.

I hope he will replace or warranty the broken LED problems soon as well.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Mikli
Frank tells me that there are about 29 units available in red/crystal.

I hope he will replace or warranty the broken LED problems soon as well.
When was your last contact with him? I am on e-mail #5.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Are we supposed to receive Email confirmation with tracking # when they are shipped? Frank acknowledged my payment on Monday but I haven't gotten a shipment confirmation yet.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by steph280
Are we supposed to receive Email confirmation with tracking # when they are shipped? Frank acknowledged my payment on Monday but I haven't gotten a shipment confirmation yet.
In my case Frank sent the DHL tracking number. Since DHL no longer has presence in the U.S.A. it goes to USPS for ultimate delivery once it clears customs.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
When was your last contact with him? I am on e-mail #5.
I recommend that everyone should ask Orange to warranty or replace the broken side for you. I did. Maybe the group pressure will work. Have you offer paying for the shipping or buy one side at cost?? This is one risk that we are all taking when not buying local or eBay or second hand. No warranty or aftersales services. They are all the way in Germany!!

He emailed my this morning at 7 am PST. GL and keep us updated.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:52 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I recommend that everyone should ask Orange to warranty or replace the broken side for you. I did. Maybe the group pressure will work. Have you offer paying for the shipping or buy one side at cost?? This is one risk that we are all taking when not buying local or eBay or second hand. No warranty or aftersales services. They are all the way in Germany!!

Why do you think there's no warranty and why is group pressure needed.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks Mikli!! I appreciate the thought... If I could get him to respond to any of my e-mails, I am sure we could work something out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane